Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Last night was pasta alfredo with peas and ham, and garlic rolls. Trying desperately to finish off all the leftover Christmas ham from the freezer!

DNO

One Too Many
Beef Tenderloin with shitake mushroom gravy, roast potatoes with orange peels and garlic, sauted asparagas with shaved almonds, all washed down with a bottle of Segura Viudas. It was a birthday dinner. (two bottles, really) Trouble is, I had to cook it myself! My wife cleaned up, though.

Connery

One Too Many
Beef Tenderloin with shitake mushroom gravy, roast potatoes with orange peels and garlic, sauted asparagas with shaved almonds, all washed down with a bottle of Segura Viudas. It was a birthday dinner. (two bottles, really) Trouble is, I had to cook it myself! My wife cleaned up, though.

This sounds delicious. I was thinking I would be using orange peels with teriyaki and honey for stir fried chicken with almonds. I don't know about using gingers slivers with that. The ginger and orange may conflict.

DNO

One Too Many
This sounds delicious. I was thinking I would be using orange peels with teriyaki and honey for stir fried chicken with almonds. I don't know about using gingers slivers with that. The ginger and orange may conflict.

Sounds good. You're probably right about the orange peels and ginger. Two distinct but strong flavours. Perhaps you could use the ginger with a bit of orange zest.

Connery

One Too Many
Sounds good. You're probably right about the orange peels and ginger. Two distinct but strong flavours. Perhaps you could use the ginger with a bit of orange zest.

Perhaps, the ginger would have to be the dominant flavor.:)

Went out for some Italian last night: Veal Parmigiana

DSCF5293.jpg

DSCF5279.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara