Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
How do you BBQ spaghetti?!:doh:
Actually it's BBQ ground beef (smoked over hickory), with spaghetti, and a hint of BBQ sauce with the tomato sauce (same base).
For the tourists, it's a huge hit, but for me it's a quick meal.
Plus an Italian restaurant doesn't sell BBQ chicken, pork, beef, turkey, or ribs with their spaghetti. :D

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Oh not really BBQed spaghetti then. :p
Only as much as BBQ eggs. :eusa_doh:
Actually you COULD cook the spaghetti, then smoke it for a short while, hence giving it the smoked flavor.
Oh sure it's easier to add liquid smoke, but I'm in a BBQ town and we REALLY frown on that product.
Many so called BBQ restaurants offer this dish, but they just add sauce and meat.
Neely's is one of them, however their spaghetti is wonderful.
Not very often I eat pasta though.
BBQ? Or something off the grill? Oh several times a week, it's just in my blood or stomach as the case may be. :lol:

Only as much as BBQ eggs. :eusa_doh:
Actually you COULD cook the spaghetti, then smoke it for a short while, hence giving it the smoked flavor.
Oh sure it's easier to add liquid smoke, but I'm in a BBQ town and we REALLY frown on that product.
Many so called BBQ restaurants offer this dish, but they just add sauce and meat.
Neely's is one of them, however their spaghetti is wonderful.
Not very often I eat pasta though.
BBQ? Or something off the grill? Oh several times a week, it's just in my blood or stomach as the case may be. :lol:

Several times a week?! Does your wife know you are off your twigs and Cauliflower diet?

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Last night, grilled banh mi sandwiches (used ground pork with garlic, ginger, S&P, coriander, fish sauce, brown sugar, sambal, and lime juice), and quick pickled cucumbers, radishes, and carrots (rice vinegar, lime juice, garlic, ginger, salt, sesame oil, sugar), on grilled sandwich rolls topped with more lime juice and cilantro. It was so good!

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Last night, grilled banh mi sandwiches (used ground pork with garlic, ginger, S&P, coriander, fish sauce, brown sugar, sambal, and lime juice), and quick pickled cucumbers, radishes, and carrots (rice vinegar, lime juice, garlic, ginger, salt, sesame oil, sugar), on grilled sandwich rolls topped with more lime juice and cilantro. It was so good!

That's it ! :mad:

Next time you post another of your fine detailed mouth watering dinners...

You got to fedex some leftovers...

pretty please ?....:eek:

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
You're too kind.

I knew it was good when Lily was too busy eating to utter a word to us. And hubby asked to have it again tonight. Not happening, but flattering.

Best part was dinner done in about 20 minutes. My favorite kind of meal!

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Meatloaf (beef/pork), with homemade seasoning blend (paprika, mustard powder, garlic, onion, S&P, and some bacon flavored crispy onions ground up as my breadcrumbs), mashed potatoes with gravy, and roasted carrots and parsnips.

images

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou