Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

TidiousTed

Practically Family
It's lamb season in Norway now so yesterday I made "Får i kål" which actually means mutton in cabbage although most people use lamb these days. It is the Norwegian National dish by the way. It served with boiled potatos, but no other veggies than the cabbage, Some serve it with cranberry jam, personly I prefer sweet strong mustard.
An English girl who has moved to Norway runs a very entertaining blog and here is how she tells about the first time she and her husband made it "“Sheep In Cabbage” Day – Cooking Lesson"

Last edited:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
It's lamb season in Norway now so yesterday I made "Får i kål" which actually means mutton in cabbage although most people use lamb these days. It is the Norwegian National dish by the way. It served with boiled potatos, but no other veggies than the cabbage, Some serve it with cranberry jam, personly I prefer sweet strong mustard.
An English girl who has moved to Norway runs a very entertaining blog and here is how she tells about the first time she and her husband made it "“Sheep In Cabbage” Day – Cooking Lesson"

That does sound really good, I will have to add that to my household menu, thanks!

DNO

One Too Many
Meat and potatoes tonight: Roast beef, roast potatoes (done with olive oil, garlic and orange zest) and 'vichy' carrots (basically glazed carrots). It's cooking as I type this!

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Left-overs this evening. Cold roast lamb, red wine gravy, mashed potato, cabbage and baby carrots. More baked apples for pudding with lashings of cream.

Reading about everybody's lovely suppers has given me the urge to go and forage in the fridge. I must resist!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Left-overs this evening. Cold roast lamb, red wine gravy, mashed potato, cabbage and baby carrots. More baked apples for pudding with lashings of cream.

Reading about everybody's lovely suppers has given me the urge to go and forage in the fridge. I must resist!

Sounds like it is time to go ahead and grab a snickers candy bar or two! hahahah lol!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
We had to alter our dinner this evening! But it was for a good cause, and so we decided to just go with a quick dinner, spaghetti, tossed salad, garlic toast, and some coconut custard pie(with cream on top)....

Boy..that really sounds quite delicious Miss Sopia! Now I'm getting hungry again....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot