Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Couple of slabs of hickory-smoked bacon on a flour tortilla & refried beans
washed down with an ice cold glass bottle of Dr. Pepper at 6 am.
Right now munching on chocolate chip cookies & malted flavored milk.
I eat in small amounts all day whatever I enjoy and don’t gain weight.

My stomach knows this & doesn’t complain.

We've chatted before, but you and I have a similar eating style and similar results. I eat, basically, snacks all day long with a very small dinner (last night was a stuffed backed potato, that's it) and I am the same weight I was in high school (I'm 52). And I eat pretty much whatever I want, just not a lot at one time.

My stomach, as you said, knows this and not only doesn't complain, seems happier. The only time he is unhappy is if I'm in a social situation and have to eat a bigger meal (very rare, but sometimes, oddly, not eating is perceived as rude) - then he's like, what the heck did you just do to me?

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
We've chatted before, but you and I have a similar eating style and similar results. I eat, basically, snacks all day long with a very small dinner (last night was a stuffed backed potato, that's it) and I am the same weight I was in high school (I'm 52). And I eat pretty much whatever I want, just not a lot at one time.

My stomach, as you said, knows this and not only doesn't complain, seems happier. The only time he is unhappy is if I'm in a social situation and have to eat a bigger meal (very rare, but sometimes, oddly, not eating is perceived as rude) - then he's like, what the heck did you just do to me?

Thanksgiving Day. :(
34g4rb7.jpg

Harp

I'll Lock Up

I do not feel so guilty now; being the inveterate South side slob, cold pizza and hot coffee for breakfast, oatmeal raisin cookies for lunch,
dinner: spaghetti and garlic bread with Miller Lite, then bakery cookies or Danish at midnite.:D

Last edited:
A cider ale of "some sorts"?
You're slipping, ToE. [emoji14]
It was actually pretty good and the best beer they had at the moment. It is a small brewery who typically brews mostly beers that I am not too fond of. And seeing as how I did not have my reading glasses with me, I went the easy route. Annnnnnd I was really there for the company (Lady ToE) and food. And that's the last excuse you are getting from me.
:D

It was actually pretty good and the best beer they had at the moment. It is a small brewery who typically brews mostly beers that I am not too fond of. And seeing as how I did not have my reading glasses with me, I went the easy route. Annnnnnd I was really there for the company (Lady ToE) and food. And that's the last excuse you are getting from me.
Good excuses. [emoji14]

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
Last night was something my mom used to make when I was growing up. It's like a meatball sub, only with sliced kielbasa instead of meatballs and pita pockets instead of sub rolls. The kids loved them! Served with a green salad and grapes.

Tonight is Saucy Chicken Thighs (crock pot), rice, broccoli salad

Last night was something my mom used to make when I was growing up. It's like a meatball sub, only with sliced kielbasa instead of meatballs and pita pockets instead of sub rolls. The kids loved them! Served with a green salad and grapes.

Tonight is Saucy Chicken Thighs (crock pot), rice, broccoli salad
Are those like Sassy Chicken Thighs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran