Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Harp

I'll Lock Up
I realized last night that I'd probably need to go grocery shopping today, and I. REALLY. DIDN'T. WANT. TO. After making sure I had coffee for a couple days, I decided to see what I could throw together.. ..

I am similarly afflicted. The frig needs to be stocked but laziness precludes said and I will either make a pub pit stop tonite or hit the deli enroute home.

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
Home made crock pot vegetable soup. Rutabaga, carrot, parsnip, onion, celery, smoked sausage in tomato broth seasoned with salt pepper worcestershire sauce . Very tasty, the best soup I have made in quite a while.

Courtbullion... Cajun fish stew...over rice.
ef992826294874b549bfb436a7ccc0d1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Tamale pie. Think Mexican lasagna: enchilada sauce, taco seasoning, beef, olives, tomatoes layered with corn tortillas and Mexican cheese blend, then baked. Served with cream agria and avocado.
What I think is that I wish I'd been at your house for dinner. I had a pbj and a can of chicken soup.

What I think is that I wish I'd been at your house for dinner. I had a pbj and a can of chicken soup.

I share your sentiment as I had a peanut butter and marshmallow fluff sandwich (well, two) last night but no soup.

Babydoll seems to live in a much more adult world than I do.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
I share your sentiment as I had a peanut butter and marshmallow fluff sandwich (well, two) last night but no soup.

Babydoll seems to live in a much more adult world than I do.

I'm "the Mama". I set the weekly menu, grocery shop for ingredients, and cook every night. My joy in the process (which isn't always fun - especially when work is rough, like yesterday) is coming home to my "normal" life, plugging in to my family by making them a delicious meal, and helping Lily grow up to be an awesome human that has a wide variety of foods she loves.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Last nite picked up a pak of windmill cookies-without almonds, and two bottles of craft cream soda; then returned home to an empty frig
and a sink full of dishes. Scarfed down both cookies and soda, read the New York Times, and completely forgot about the Notre Dame-Pitt game.
Irish edged Pitt.:D

Basil-parmesan pork patties, rice pilaf, broccoli, zucchini, and a small bowl of cottage cheese and fresh pineapple for dessert.

And just another day in the story of the adult world ⇧ of Babydoll's wonderful meals versus the Fading Fasts' sad world ⇩

Pasta with butter and pepper - that's it, other than a few store-bought gingersnap cookies for dessert.

Last nite picked up a pak of windmill cookies-without almonds, and two bottles of craft cream soda; then returned home to an empty frig
and a sink full of dishes. Scarfed down both cookies and soda, read the New York Times, and completely forgot about the Notre Dame-Pitt game.
Irish edged Pitt.:D

Prior to super girlfriend and other than the dirty dishes (I was cleaning dishes as soon as I could reach the sink as a kid and have never left a dirty dish in a sink - was just pounded into my head growing up), you described a not uncommon night of mine as a single guy especially if you ate standing up over the sink or kitchen counter (clean up is much easier that way).

Harp

I'll Lock Up
... you described a not uncommon night of mine as a single guy...

And, I must admit this is my own fault; about as disciplined as a teenager.:(
_________
Caught the Bulls -Grizzlies last night and superb bar fare baked chicken.
Mark, L, and D aced the night with 22, and twin blackjack point scoring.
Excellent marksmanship, in the paint and network.:D
The Commish ought to leave well enough alone...:p;)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk