Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
Last night I made pork BBQ before I left the house. Tonight will be grilled marinated pork chops, noodles with homemade Alfredo sauce, corn, and creamed spinach. And this orange Jello fluff thing for dessert.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
While my son was feeding the chickens the other day an ornery rooster went after him and knocked him down. He's fine, my son I mean, we ate the rooster. We had a few extra roosters and were going to be culling at least one. I asked my son if he'd like to eat the one that, as he put it, tried to fight him. He said that that sounded like a great idea. On the way back inside he stopped, looked through the fence, and said: "Mr Rooster. You tried to fight me and now we're gonna kill you and eat you for dinner." Roasted with herbs and dry sherry, and served with baked potatoes and carrots huntington, that rooster made for a mighty fine dinner.

View attachment 165821

Hi

My Dad told a similar story from growing up. He came home from school, at least Junior High (he graduated in 1937 from Bluffs High School). He was feeding the chickens and the Rooster clawed him pretty good. When Grandma came home from working at the Phone Company he was setting in the rocking chair with his leg bandaged up. Grandma asked what happened. Dad answered the rooster clawed him. Then Grandma asked what's for dinner and Dad said "Rooster, he's in the pot on the stove."

Later

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
I'm not sure what to call it. My mom made it when I was growing up and now I make it for my kids. You slice kielbasa into rounds, give them a quick pan fry, and throw in a jar of spaghetti sauce. Then you take a pita, put a little shredded mozzarella in the bottom, add some kielbasa with sauce, and top with more mozzarella. Put on a foil lined baking sheet and bake at 350 until the cheese melts. Delicious! Having that with cucumber salad and potato chips.

All you can eat BBQ ribs last night.

IMG_4098.jpg

IMG_4099.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21