Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Coinneach

New in Town
Grass fed beef medallions on the grill, rare, (seasoned with a touch of garlic, sea salt and cracked pepper). Portobello, shiitake and oyster mushrooms sauteed in cast iron w/butter and olive oil, seasoned with garlic, pepper and a touch of Lawry's and a splash of white wine, (CA Chardonnay), ear of fresh, native corn, and the obligatory glass or two of 12yr old Dickle over rocks. About as simple as it comes....on a cooler evening I would have thrown in a boiled red potato with butter sea salt and pepper...and an extra finger of Dickle!

cm289

One of the Regulars
Lamb steaks
ffc5e4e2d7043a4c88e952712fba6b5d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
Had a late lunch...the downtown area of my city had a food truck rodeo today and I went and got the best crab cake sandwich I've ever eaten in my life.

I'm still full, so the kids are having leftover carnitas and rice for supper tonight.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Hubby's mouth is feeling better after his oral surgery, so I'm back to cooking.

Tonight is a version of Campbell's chicken rice casserole. I braised turkey thighs in reduced sodium broth with poultry seasoning, bay leaves, and onion/carrot/celery/garlic. When they were done, I cooled the thighs and separated the broth. Used the broth in place of the water in the recipe. Added a diced carrot, half a pound of baby bella mushroom slices, half of a sweet onion (small dice), a couple tablespoons of minced garlic, rice, a bit of parmesan cheese, kosher salt, lemon pepper, onion powder, paprika, 1/2 cup of Mexican sour cream, cream of mushroom soup, the shredded turkey thighs, and about 1/2 cup of cooked chopped spinach. Mixed all together, and baking now. Will serve with steamed broccoli on the side.

(Clean-out-the-fridge night, hence the odds and ends recipe. Grocery shopping tomorrow. )

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Country style ribs with home grown green beans. Almost thought I wouldn't get any green beans this year because the rabbits kept eating them. Then I got the idea to put a rubber rattlesnake out in the garden, and voila! No more lost green beans!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart