Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
Sunday we went out for youngest DS birthday

Monday everyone fended for themselves

Today was ham steak, new potatoes browned in butter, and corn

Fosinett

New in Town
Settled with the following for dinner as per 'recommendation' by doctors and dietists:

* Charr
* Almond potatoes
* Lemon & dill sauce

Dinner for tomorrow that goes against the 'recommendation' given:

* Thai springrolls (i.e. eggrolls)
* Jasmine rice
* Sweet chili sauce
* Different kinds of soy sauces
* Salad with feta cheese

swanson_eyes

Practically Family
I had a couple of pieces of cheddar on the way home from work. That sort of counts as part of dinner. Anyway, I had a couple of veggie burger patties with vegan worcestershire sauce, black pepper, mayo, and french fried onions. I might finish off the green beans in the fridge. Had semi-homemade lemonade to drink. I have an unusual recipe for that.

I had a couple of pieces of cheddar on the way home from work. That sort of counts as part of dinner. Anyway, I had a couple of veggie burger patties with vegan worcestershire sauce, black pepper, mayo, and french fried onions. I might finish off the green beans in the fridge. Had semi-homemade lemonade to drink. I have an unusual recipe for that.
Cheese = appetizer
You had me at Worcestershire sauce and black pepper.
Unusual lemonade recipe because it was made with oranges? You have got to tell.
:D

swanson_eyes

Practically Family
Cheese = appetizer
You had me at Worcestershire sauce and black pepper.
Unusual lemonade recipe because it was made with oranges? You have got to tell.
:D
Sometimes I use bottled lemon juice and sweetener. Sometimes I use a mix and when I do, I add a little lemon juice. What's special is that I add a teaspoon of citric acid, tablespoon of lemon rind, and a pinch of salt to every batch (2-quart pitcher.) When I have fresh lemons on hand I grate the peel before I juice them so that I can keep it in the freezer. My method gives you sweet but tart lemonade, which I really like.

Sometimes I use bottled lemon juice and sweetener. Sometimes I use a mix and when I do, I add a little lemon juice. What's special is that I add a teaspoon of citric acid, tablespoon of lemon rind, and a pinch of salt to every batch (2-quart pitcher.) When I have fresh lemons on hand I grate the peel before I juice them so that I can keep it in the freezer. My method gives you sweet but tart lemonade, which I really like.

Holy Cow, I'm coming to your house - that's a whole lot of work and thought for lemonade - kudos, I'm impressed. My "special" lemonade is fresh squeezed lemon juice (unsweetened, 1 part) with 4 to 5 parts of Ginger Ale, Sprite or 7-Up.

That does seem to be a decent amount of work. It also sounds really nice, especially the tart part. I am a fan of things tart. :D
It would mix very well with some Grey Goose Vodka or Four Roses Bourbon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails