Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Salvation is near...

Salv.jpg

Something like that.

„The distinction between Bock and Doppelbock used today goes back to older German legislation. It ordered value ranges for the original wort content to be observed, whereby bock beers have an extract content of more than 16 degrees Plato and double bock beers have at least 18 degrees Plato original wort. Even if today the dependence of the recipe on local conditions (e.g. in the brewing water) has decreased and the range of varieties has increased, the designations have become established and are still in use.“

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Barbecue with deer-Bratwurst, lamb fillet and rump steak with salads yesterday.

Stewed ox cheeks in red wine jus with new potatoes tonight

Tonight is Greek picnic night: homemade tzatziki, humous, olives, feta & onion, a bit of cured meat, and flash fried prawns flambe' w/ Ouzo and cheating with a big slab of Persian flat bread instead of Pita bread.

Alas, all the liquor stores were sold out of Retsina which was the purpose for the entire idea in the first place.....so wine will have to suffice.

Leftover pizza :D
That's what was for breakfast.

My kids are over for the weekend so I fixed up a big Sunday dinner.....meatloaf, macaroni & cheese, chicken and dumplings, collard greens, black eyed peas, butterbeans, fried squash, corn bread, and a yellow cake with fudge frosting (actually my son and daughter made that) We also had fresh cucumbers, tomatoes, cantaloupe, and peaches. If any of those kids goes to bed hungry it's no one's fault but their own.

That is definitely a feast! Are those vegetables from your garden? And fresh homemade cornbread is magic. My grandfather would make it every morning for breakfast and every evening for dinner. It was the only thing that I ever saw him make, but it was so good. We would sometimes put it in a bowl with milk. Grandma was a great cook. They had a huge garden of vegetables and fruit. Great memories.
:D

That is definitely a feast! Are those vegetables from your garden? And fresh homemade cornbread is magic. My grandfather would make it every morning for breakfast and every evening for dinner. It was the only thing that I ever saw him make, but it was so good. We would sometimes put it in a bowl with milk. Grandma was a great cook. They had a huge garden of vegetables and fruit. Great memories.
:D
The veggies were from the farmers market. I didn't plant a garden this year. But I agree with you about cornbread. Hot from the oven and slathered in butter.... I could make a meal of just that.

Yesterday I was dealing with a collapsed sewer main at work until nearly dark. I was so hot and tired and sore by time I got home that dinner was a handful of ibuprofen and a cold PBR. Hopefully this evening will fare better.

It is going to be in the 80's today and rising throughout the week into the mid 90's. So today is the day.........I put on the oven to slow roast some ribs for dinner tonight. Another hour and they will be done and I will finish them off on the bar b Q just before dinner. I think a big rack of ribs and a caesar salad and that will be it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk