Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's going on with the FL site?

Do you will still use this Forum with this hassle?

• Yes

Votes: 34 54.0%
  • No

Votes: 29 46.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

milandro

A-List Customer
yesterday I was back after a long hiatus and it was good, but now is slow, still, usable, if you are willing to wait many long minutes to ge from page to page but something is the matter and it looks plain no one in charge has any real grasp of the situation.

It clearly needs something else than it is.

By the way, many complain about the ads clogging the forum. I don't have ANY ad killer and see NO ads whatsoever on the computer version , I see, in another thread (there are several threads now on this matter) that people show screenshots with ads but they look like they are mobile versions (phone or tablet). I am in Europe (Netherlands) with a Mac and run the latest software (before was the same too) and have NO ads on my computer.

So, yes, I would use the forum but at some point it would be nearly impossible

Peacoat

Bartender
yesterday I was back after a long hiatus and it was good, but now is slow, still, usable, if you are willing to wait many long minutes to ge from page to page but something is the matter and it looks plain no one in charge has any real grasp of the situation.

It clearly needs something else than it is.

By the way, many complain about the ads clogging the forum. I don't have ANY ad killer and see NO ads whatsoever on the computer version , I see, in another thread (there are several threads now on this matter) that people show screenshots with ads but they look like they are mobile versions (phone or tablet). I am in Europe (Netherlands) with a Mac and run the latest software (before was the same too) and have NO ads on my computer.

So, yes, I would use the forum but at some point it would be nearly impossible
Go back and read the quote I made of Nathan's post as well as a subsequent post made by Nathan on page 5.

Nathan is the IT guru; he definitely has a real grasp of what is going on. It is a systemic problem for which there is no easy fix. The problem is with the host, and we are going to have to be moved. This is not a simple or quick way to fix things.

Just bear with us; it will all work out in the long run. PC

Peacoat

Bartender
Cheers @Peacoat ,

I didn't say that there was unwillingness to resolve the problem. I said that for some reason this couldn't be tackled over a period of months.

The quoted language was, " . . . no one in charge has any real grasp of the situation." I merely pointed out that Nathan very much has a grasp of the situation and is working toward resolution.

In the almost 19 years I have been hanging out here,, there have been numerous bumps in the road. All have been resolved, as will this.

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Hey seems to be working well this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Nathan, and for the update Peacoat.

Hoprefully we are all good now and this isn't some kind of weird fluke. Either way if Y'all are working on a solution still, I personally really appreciate your efforts.

OTH

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
@Nathan Flowers:
Thanks man for all you do and have for many years! I doubt this is your full-time job and i’d bet you have a life outside this place too.
Also many thanks to the generous volunteer moderators and bartenders that keep all the s**t in one bag around here.
Just like everything else that gets done anywhere, 5% of the people do 95% of the work and the other 95% of the people sit on the couch and direct traffic.
I just hope after all is made well we 95%ers humbly show as much gratitude for your service as we did directing your traffic.
B

milandro

A-List Customer
@Peacoat

perhaps we are lost in semantics.

You, bartenders, may very well know what is going on and who knows about what, but we at the user's and get the distinct feeling that something is askew.

How would anyone know the state of the art if nothing more than " we are dealing with it" is being shared?

On another thread questions about the status quo were places already as far as two months ago (or more).

While I remain confident that something will be done, it would have been very much more trust conducing to have a notice when people log in saying " The forum Is experiencing problems, the staff is aware of them and we are actively working on it, day so and so there will be a migration..... ",

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy