Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whats on your Christmas list for this year????

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'd like world peace and justice for all, but I'll settle for an IPhone.

I doubt that we will get world peace anytime soon, but we should all take a moment on the magical Xmas eve and wish for it... can't hurt.

Hannukah and Christmas overlap this year! I love it when that happens. I might be an atheist but I like traditions...

funneman

Practically Family
I wish Goodwill sold gift cards.

That's what I would like to receive.

I'd run right out and buy myself a nice
Harris Tweed blazer.

Vanessa

One Too Many
Vanessa said:
KSM150PSPK_AB-Default_290X290_HO.jpg

But it doesn't have to be pink. . .:D

I'd like to change my Christmas List wish, since Mr. Vanessa (as Miss Neecerie likes to refer to him) gave me this last night:

1204081829.jpg

Hurrah! Best present ever! I've already made 3 dozen cookies!

Dexter'sDame

One of the Regulars
Depends on Santa's budget...Elf layoffs pending?

There's a rumor floating around that the economy may force Santa to lay off some Elves...So my list depends on what happens with that.

If that rumor comes to fruition, just world peace and happiness for all, please.

If not, I'd like the above plus a Kitchen Aid mixer. (Although Iam concerned about about that extra sleigh fuel needed by all our Kitchen Aid requests...Maybe gift certificates for those mixers would be more appropriate so we can help the old guy out?)

If Santa is still delivering in my area but just cutting back, I'd like the peace and happiness and an Ebay gift certificate.

Caroline

One of the Regulars
One item I really want is the Abbott and Costello: The Complete Universal Pictures Collection! I've watched "Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein" more than any grown woman should ever admit to, and then there are 14 other discs to consume! I really can't ask for anything more from life. I have all I need. Health, happiness, a home, a job, but since you asked about wants lol that box set is about all I want.

...that and a NH State Liquor Store gift card...the gift that keeps on giving.

Emer

One of the Regulars
I asked hubby for:

-A wool skirt (I don't have anything feminine to wear in the cold)
-Tights to wear with said skirt
-Back seam stockings
-A penmanship book so I can improve my cursive
-Small pearls (he bought me potato pearls for my birthday and while lovely, they are HUGE, and heavy)

I told him anything else he saw that he thought I might like he was welcome to grab, but I wasn't expecting a lot.

My family thinks it's odd that I'm asking for things such as tights and panyhose, but it's been a hard year, and it's the little accessories that make up a great wardrobe! ;)

Indyfan

New in Town
I don't really celebrate the holidays. I'm personally against the commercial aspect. I don't give gifts or accept them. Doesn't mean I don't splurge and buy myself a little something though.;) I bought myself a pair of Alden Indy boots and a Adventurebilt Henry hat.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Vanessa said:
I'd like to change my Christmas List wish, since Mr. Vanessa (as Miss Neecerie likes to refer to him) gave me this last night:

1204081829.jpg

Hurrah! Best present ever! I've already made 3 dozen cookies!

The one you got (it's lots bigger, more powerful motor) is much better than the pink one pictured in the photo.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
benstephens said:
The Savoy Cocktail book I think is the bible of cocktail books. It is a re-print of the 1930s. You will certainly taste the alchol in the drinks!!

Kindest Regards

Ben

I much prefer my copy of the "Bon Vivant's Companion",

Herbert Ashbury, the editor of the new 1928 edition of Jerry Thomas' (get it? JERRY THOMAS!) 1860's tome inserts a full measure of sly good humor into this work.

Ashbury is better known as the author of "The Gangs of New York". Unlike the moving picture that it inspired, Ashbury's original book is a sprawling work, which chronicles in considerable detail an entire century of wickedness, vice and mayhem. Illustrated.

B. F. Socaspi

One of the Regulars
Miss 1929 said:
Hannukah and Christmas overlap this year! I love it when that happens. I might be an atheist but I like traditions...
Same story here. Don't much care for baby Jesus, but, hey, if that means just a bit more civility in our world, I can dig it.

As for my list: clothing, including a fedora, a Reinhardt and Chopin cd and this secondhand touch iPod thing I'm typing on. Has someone's name on it, which makes me laugh.

HatMagnet

Familiar Face
Yes,Even I've heard of those Mike, but I didn't find out about this particular wish until too late to order for Christmas.A local store has promised to have one here on the 28th so She's getting a surprize New Year gift.

Burnsie

Caroline said:
One item I really want is the Abbott and Costello: The Complete Universal Pictures Collection!.

There is such a thing? I have volumes 1-3 of the A&C franchise collection - "Meet Frankenstein" is on vol. 3 - and it's all absolutely wonderful! Indispensible stuff.

Warden

One Too Many
I say young Edna must be doing something right as over the Christmas period she was featured in the Sunday Express magazine along with our MySpace chum Lola in an article about re-creating a vintage Christmas.

20081221-sunday-express-thumb.jpg

To read a copy of the article in pdf file format click below where you can snigger at the not so young Harry, (why do they always put your ages in these things?) having to deal with none vintage family sneaking in contraband / black market food stuffs, while Harry does it 'hard core' and forces another parsnip down while pulling a face like Paul Burrell on "I'm a celebrity".

http://members.lycos.co.uk/blewholt/sales/sunday-express/20081221-sunday-express-article.pdf

Toodle Loo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran