Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's on your keychain?

My wad of keychains: (I keep trying to strip it down--the weight, the noise and the huge hunk o' metal jammed into my thigh)
->Borders tag
->Cylinder for a rolled-up $20 for emergencies
->Keyfob for Mom's Trailblazer (the worst "thigh-tenderizing" offender)
->Keychain from a local talk-radio station
->Enough extra keyrings to make a decent improvised set of "brass knuckles":eek:

K

killertomata

I used to keep a nifty old skeleton key on my keychain, but over time the weight of too many keys ruined my ignition and I had to get a new one. bah.

So all these years later, I have as few keys as I can and a little Lego Dracula my sister brought me from Legoland. :D

Now I keep the skeleton key in my jewelry box and on rare occasion I wear it on a cord around my neck.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
My keychain is anchored by a furry anime looking rabbit that a friend got me long ago. If you pull a string the rabbit will hop across a table (I did this once to defuse a tense business meeting; worked like a charm). I have maybe 4 keys.

My previous keychain was a gold metal one I got when I visited Kensington Palace in 1991 with an engraving of Queen Victoria being told she had ascended to the throne. I found it about a month ago at the back of a drawer. No keys on it anymore.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Because I misplace keys a lot, for at least a little while, I have several sets.

One set has a mini John Deere tractor on it, in homage to my father who worked making tractor gears for well over 30 years. It has some keys on it and some I don't recall what they are for.

My main set has a kubotan on it, which is a self-defense devise. It looks like a small billy club and you can use it to jab someone or hit them with your keys holding on to the club portion. It hurts, I tried it on myself, keys hurt.

http://www.self-defense-gadgets.com/category/kubotan/

Also on the keychain are two keys for house and garage, a Hallmark rewards card, a Borders rewards card, and an athletic club card, which has their address on it, not mine. My membership has expired, however. There is also a circular bronze eagle head given to me by a friend.

I never put those tiny credit cards on them, I lose keychains now and then.

Somewhere lost in the house is a plastic San Diego keychain, has a palm tree on it, also a Superman keychain.

karol

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Not on my keychain, but they were my fathers.

dscn0790.jpg

Isn't this Atlas key great? I love the embossed image. My father made the keychain, including tumbling (polishing) the stone.

dscn0794.jpg

More fantastic embossing! It's a shame they don't make keys this beautiful anymore.

Lee

thebadmamajama

Practically Family
Every one of my friends seems to have the habit of (a) visiting NY and (b) giving me a keychain from said visit. So, I have 2 NY keychains, a mini-rosary that I got on the plane ride my first time to France, and my office/house/mail keys. Simple yet elegant :)p)

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
An old 1930's hotel fob.

It is an old 1930's brass hotel fob from "The Savoy" in London. I picked it up in a second hand dealers shop in a backstreet of Putney, London in the early 80's when I was a university student.
Also an old dog-tag (Military identity disc) with my name, service number, blood group..etc from a past life.

Ghostsoldier

Call Me a Cab
At various times:

A tiki head
A skull
A Dodge Ram fobble
A Jack Skellington head
A Sleepy Hollow Axe
A Seven Nations fobble
A Pirates of the Caribbean cursed coin
A dummy .30-06 round
A dummy .45 ACP round
A Bluesmobile
nail clippers

Until I read that excess weight on your keychain has an adverse effect on the ignition switch in your vehicle...too much gravitational pull and momentum swing will cause it to wear prematurely...
Rob :)

Avalon

A-List Customer
• a tiny Swiss Army knife
• a vintage St Christopher medal from my grandmother
• a couple of discount card keytags
• a memory stick (all my silent film photos are on there!)
• a little flashlight (company swag from a while ago)

and a piece of red yarn from when I was matching a bedspread. I have no idea why I've never taken it off. lol

FinalVestige79

Practically Family
Long Late 1920s early 1930s Skeleton Key
House, Safe, Car, etc keys.
Army Pocket Knife
3/16th Allen Wrench

On my dogtags I also have...
Repop Dogtags

WWI Veterans Dog tag (the other one of the set I keep hanging on my wall)

2 Early 20th Century Crosses (Pre 1949) One is a simple crucifix, and the other has 4 saints on the front, and on the back it says "I am a Catholic Please Call a Priest"

My Grandfathers pendant with Jesus and a Star of David

1930s-1940s St. Christoper Medal - Interesting thing about this one is the back, it has a single prop passenger plane, and a 4 Door Sedan (looks like a 1930s Sedan to me) with suicide doors and 3 windows.

P-38 Can Opener

Grandfathers WWII Soldier's Cigarette Cutter

I'll post up pics, I got them somewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR