Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the best heavyweight hoodie you would recommend?

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm not a fan of hoodies in general but my Buzz Rickson's (lightweight) and Sugar Cane/Whitesville (thermal-lined) are fantastic. Bear in mind Whitesville runs about a size bigger than BR despite being the same company so it puts me in the unusual position of a Japanese garment that's a little too big, lol.

And after all these years, I still don't understand what the hell the stupid hood is goos for. It don't keep you warm, wearing it in the rain makes things even worse, it messes up you peripheral vision, can't carry anything in it...

barnabus

One Too Many
And after all these years, I still don't understand what the hell the stupid hood is goos for. It don't keep you warm, wearing it in the rain makes things even worse, it messes up you peripheral vision, can't carry anything in it...

I does keep you surprisingly warmer in fact.

I'll wear a thick hoodie when we go camping, and when it gets much colder in the tent in the evening, putting the hood up can make a big difference.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I roll Carhartt for hoodies. No big surprise there, I'm in Iowa and was raised on a farm in Illinois.
I have also had good success with a Milwaukee-branded all cotton hoodie.
Also poly & cotton hoodies from Wheaton and Illinois, the two colleges I attended; often by Champion and Under Armor.

Kind of like owning a truck, wearing a hoodie gets in your DNA and while you cannot really explain it, you're just happy you can do it. :)

Fifty150

One Too Many
1695276942584.png

Brandrea33

One Too Many
If you want heavy weight, Wonderlooper is the way to go …

I’m picking up a hoodie today, 701 GSM, two way Waldes zipper!

I own the crew neck sweat shirt (also 701 gsm). It’s a beast.

Last edited:

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
If you go with Carhartt, buy a size down! they are great, but run big.

edit: I'm in the process of looking for a truck
;)
100% agree. And if you ask for a "long" or "tall" you best be 6' 6" +

I have a 2017 GMC Sierra 4wd I'll sell - 56k miles and very clean.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
100% agree. And if you ask for a "long" or "tall" you best be 6' 6"
I had once bought a jacket from Carhartt for fun. No idea who fits in there, I in any case not ;) with 6.5 size but only 200 lbs am too narrow for it.

And the sleeves were still too short. A size that fits from the sleeves is then so wide that I fit in there three times.
With vests from them it is similar. If the length fits, I can sublet the excess space.
Unfortunately, no Carhartt for me.

I have thick hoodies from Superdry.
They work even if you are a little narrower.

IMG_8094.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21