Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the meaning behind your Avatar ?

Name and avatar are a reference to my favorite composer/musician. When I joined this forum in January, my anonymity was important, as other forums and discussion groups have proved to me. I'm still a little careful of my anonymity on this forum (and the internet); however, I've loosened up quite a bit with this group. I don't normally post photos of myself on the net.

Every time I see one of your posts I simultaneously curse you and praise you. New York pizza is one of man's greatest culinary inventions...up there with popcorn and pancakes.

We are of like minds, but I'd lean to waffles over pancakes as the butter has a better cradle in the waffle. And I know what you mean, I see my own avatar and think about getting a slice. When I took that picture, it was because that slice so represented a perfect, simple NYC slice.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Anyone who grew up in the mid-1960s, or got to see "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." in reruns in the 1980s, will recognize my avatar. For those of you not in the inner circle, that's Robert Vaughn as he appeared as lead super-spy Napoleon Solo in the pilot for the series, "The Vulcan Affair" (originally titled "Solo," and also viewable as the color theatrical movie "To Trap a Spy" from 1966).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner