Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

whats the name/type of this hat?

Different generation my friend, good ol Wayne totally awesomeness but different generation...
As a fellow "baby boomer" I understand this. I don't dislike John Wayne, and since it has already been mentioned I think his performance in The Shootist was one of his best, but I don't see what all the fuss is about. I might feel differently if I'd grown up watching his movies, but I didn't.

As a fellow "baby boomer" I understand this. I don't dislike John Wayne, and since it has already been mentioned I think his performance in The Shootist was one of his best, but I don't see what all the fuss is about. I might feel differently if I'd grown up watching his movies, but I didn't.
Al, I think you have a couple of years on me, and certainly I'm not old enough for enjoying Wayne's movies contemporaneously, but I've learned to appreciate them, and westerns in general.

TBH, Clint is more aligned with my timeline. My old man and I went to the drive-in a lot when I was a young. He liked movies, it got him out of the house, and he took "the boy" with him. So I saw all those spaghetti westerns, lated Duke movies, Jeremiah Johnson, etc.

I love some of these more recent movies as well, but the western isn't used as a storytelling vehicle as much as it used to be, though it's a great genre.

Oh, and my mom just contacted me via Ouija board. She said we're all full of it. Tom Mix was The Man.

Boy, we really drove this thread into the ditch!

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Al, I think you have a couple of years on me, and certainly I'm not old enough for enjoying Wayne's movies contemporaneously, but I've learned to appreciate them, and westerns in general.
That's another part of the equation for me--I couldn't have cared less about westerns when I was a kid. I watched Bonanza on TV in the 60s, usually because Mom wanted to, but that was about it; I was far more into "monster" movies. As I grew older I'd occasionally join friends if they were going to see a western in a theater, but it's only been over the last decade or so that I've truly come to appreciate the genre.

...TBH, Clint is more aligned with my timeline...
I'd have to say the same is true for me, but I've liked him as long as I can remember so it didn't matter if he was playing a police officer, a cowboy, a marine, a bare-knuckles brawler, or whatever; I wanted to see "Clint" regardless of the genre.

...Boy, we really drove this thread into the ditch!...
What do you mean "we" Kimosabe? :D

Update ... so I got an Hd antenna... no cable and I get a station called “Grit” western movies... anyway speaking of John Wayne. The Shootest is coming on tomorrow. I’ll watch it.

WHAT?!!! Terrestrial broadcast? But what about the poor cable company?

GOOD for you, mein Sanford! At FREE, the price is right, too, eh? According to an online article recently, approximately one third of the people living in the USA today don't even know we can do that. FREE tv!! Moreover, you get the full data stream, no compression, MUCH better quality picture.

Note: According to the geeks and nerds in our area, (http://you-do-it.com/) we only really need an antenna if on the fringe of signal coverage. Most of them told me to try using a piece of cable wire alone first.

Did I mention that this is FREE?!!

Last edited:
cffb3aadab7c250d50f305ab43e62f9a.png

The Phoenix Hat Company Custom. I’d bet more curl is possible if that’s what’s wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is the the Arizona model ??

Sanford Goldstein

Familiar Face
Im watching “Hondo” right now and wowjohm Wayne is a wonder to watch.
I’m trying to figure the
Hat is very similar to a fedora in this movie with a bigger brim looks like a high front. It’s taller in front and the crown does have a diamond type crease... little disappointed it doesn’t look like his typical Cav Hat although he is wearing the yellow enlisted acorns

Last edited:

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Im watching “Hondo” right now and wowjohm Wayne is a wonder to watch.
I’m trying to figure the
Hat is very similar to a fedora in this movie with a bigger brim looks like a high front. It’s taller in front and the crown does have a diamond type crease... little disappointed it doesn’t look like his typical Cav Hat although he is wearing the yellow enlisted acorns

IIRC, it's the same hat from the "Cavalry Trilogy," and the one that appears in Rio Bravo.

Matt_SFL

Familiar Face
Hello I’m new to this forum...I am very much into hats, I used to be into baseball hats but grew into fedoras like a couple years ago and never went back...I’ve seen a lot of nice looking fedoras but this one is unique and was wondering what type it was and if there’s a hat that’s out there that looks similar...any help will be appreciated thanks

Attachments

• B922E79D-1BB1-4060-BF57-C819B235DDA8.jpeg
    B922E79D-1BB1-4060-BF57-C819B235DDA8.jpeg
    743.7 KB · Views: 645
Hello I’m new to this forum...I am very much into hats, I used to be into baseball hats but grew into fedoras like a couple years ago and never went back...I’ve seen a lot of nice looking fedoras but this one is unique and was wondering what type it was and if there’s a hat that’s out there that looks similar...any help will be appreciated thanks
Hard to tell from the clipped photo but from what I can see it looks like an inexpensive stingy brim with the brim snapped down all the way around.

Matt_SFL

Familiar Face
Here’s a better image

Attachments

• 5E36EFBF-A41C-49ED-93B3-942EC78D45EE.jpeg
    5E36EFBF-A41C-49ED-93B3-942EC78D45EE.jpeg
    586.5 KB · Views: 637

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21