Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the worst coffee worldwide?

But it's funny. If I would be asked:

"Choose, for the rest of your life!":

Black tea or coffee?

With only coffee, for the rest of my life, I would def. miss my black tea with brown sugar, very soon!

But other way, I wouldn't miss coffee.

How long do the caffeine withdrawal symptoms last on you?

I now can say, everytime I'm switching back to caffeine-free, one and a half day (with one or two Ibuprofen), then it's fine again.

martinsantos

Practically Family
The worst coffee - the one we had on my first job. The coffee itself was a bad, over toasted, one. But the way it was made turned coffee on a kind of sulphuric acid.

Around 20 liters were made on Monday. Workers would drink 18. So Thursday they would make just 18 and add to refill the reservatory. The same on Wednesday to Friday.

Later we bought a coffee machine and fine coffee. No wonder that soon all bosses came to visit our department to talk about “work” - and take a cup of true coffee!

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
"Caffeine withdrawal"??? I'm sorry, I don't understand the question. ;)
Hi, is your lack of understanding because you've never quit coffee when you started years ago or because you don't drink coffee?

Coffee Withdrawl is the physical discomfort (to put it lightly), when you give up caffeine for a week. About the second day you get cotton mouth and a headache that won't go away. Both last quite a while, like 2 or 3 days. It's a lot like a hangover, but you don't barf.

Later

'

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
Hi, is your lack of understanding because you've never quit coffee when you started years ago or because you don't drink coffee?

Coffee Withdrawl is the physical discomfort (to put it lightly), when you give up caffeine for a week. About the second day you get cotton mouth and a headache that won't go away. Both last quite a while, like 2 or 3 days. It's a lot like a hangover, but you don't barf.

Later

'
I once forfeited coffee for Lent. Three days into Lent I said the hell with it and threw a pot on.
Coffee and big band music start my mornings. Black, and Glenn Miller's Moonlight Serenade.

The funny thing is, that when you brew with the classic simple moka pot, you have more than doubled to even tripled (classic 1 cup Bialetti) amount of coffee per cup, BUT the flow solves very very less caffeine, so on some (fresh grounded) weaker coffees, I don't even noticed any caffeine, true story.

If your flow was to slow, your grind was simply to fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner