What's ya'll opinion/experience on Lewis leathers sheepskin?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by high-maintenance, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Edward

Edward Bartender

ah! Yes, that makes sense.... didn't connect in my head that it could perform the same function as the same on the cuffs. Still looks odd to my eye, but less irritating for being functional. Velcro, though.... brrr..... give me studs every time over that!

Definitely tougher than lambskin. Closer to goat in some ways in my experience, though I don't think I'd trust it for motorcycle use, unless it was dirt track motocross racing. Makes for a much lighter jacket to wear than heavy horse, though!

2. konadog

konadog A-List Customer

my light brown sheepskin Lewis Leathers Corsair just arrived yesterday. i was custom fit at The Stronghold in Los Angeles and I think they dialed it in just right. Leather is just amazing, needing very little break in.

Here are a few angles:

CorsairMontage.jpg

3. Edward

Edward Bartender

Very nice. You don't see many of the Lewises in thec brown colour; makes it look liked a totally different jacket in many ways. I like it a lot.

4. konadog

konadog A-List Customer

yeah, i had the option of all the leathers Lewis has. felt this color was the most versatile for me. it only comes in sheep, so i went with sheep.

Edward likes this.
  5. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

Very cool Konadog. Are you able to compare this sheep hide to lambskin in terms of weight, feel and thickness?

ProteinNerd likes this.
  6. BobJ

BobJ Practically Family

That is an awesome jacket! The color and the hat(s) make it look vintage.

How is the cut -does is have slim sleeves and high armholes? Does it have good range of motion in the arms and shoulders?

I have been toying with the idea of getting one (or maybe the Dominator) in British Racing Green, with a dark brown collar.

Does the sheepskin have grain and character?

Thanks, Bob

Monitor likes this.
  7. Monitor

Monitor

You definitely made the right call with this and won the game. Whenever either Corsair or the Dominator appears in the movie, it fits exactly like your jacket does which is a good thing. As I said, LL sheepskin looks the best and this is just perfect in my opinion.

8. konadog

konadog A-List Customer

it's thicker and more substantial that lamb, but has about the same suppleness. it's a great right-out-of-the-box leather. it's no horsehide in terms of motorcycle riding protection, but there is little break in period.

9. high-maintenance

high-maintenance One of the Regulars

Absolutely gorgeous! splendid jacket it is! Congrats!

10. konadog

konadog A-List Customer

there is good range of motion in arms and shoulders. this is a relatively slim fit, but not tight. Lewis makes this jacket in a slim fit for the Japanese market. i have their standard fit.

this particular jacket's leather does have some grain and character. i will photo later and post pics.

11. konadog

konadog A-List Customer

here are some close up shots of the leather. lots of character in the pieces used...

LewisSheep.jpg LewisSheep-2.jpg LewisSheep-3.jpg LewisSheep-4.jpg LewisSheep-5.jpg LewisSheep-6.jpg

Mawashi, BobJ and Monitor like this.
  12. BobJ

BobJ Practically Family

Wow! That grain and character looks a lot like capeskin.

Your jacket looks even better the closer you get. Thanks for these pics.

13. regius

regius Call Me a Cab

my wife's mall lamb leather jacket lasted her 12 years, still going strong, and she uses it as work coat