Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your Ebay ID?

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
**Housekeeping Note**

Moving this to the OB, because its a good general reference thread.

Altho, just so you know, you CAN list your eBay ID in your user profile.....

LD

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
olive bleu said:
Are all user ID names of bidders now blocked or what? Is that what is happening with the user names with the ****'s???This has probably been happening for awhile, huh?maybe i am just slow catching on.[huh]

It started with just the high-dollar items, then recently was applied to all auctions if I recall correctly. Ebay claims it's a buyer-security thing, to keep scammers from being able to contact non-winners with phony "Second Chance" offers.

Personally, I don't like it. I like seeing who's already shown interest by bidding. There are some that have observed that showing the ID can actually run prices up if somone who is known to be knowledgeable about a certain type of item (vintage hats or clothing, for example) is seen bidding. Others see that and think that if this person is bidding it must be good, and start bidding, driving the price up. Personally, if I saw an ID of someone I knew from here (the only place where I've come to know other's IDs) I would then decide just how badly I wanted the hat. If not all that badly, I'd not bid. If I really wanted it, though, I could make an educated guess as to whether it would be worth going up against the other person (or persons--sometimes there's more than one FLer bidding!)

But hey, I'm just an ebay user and we all know that ebay isn't interested in our opinions on most things!

Cheers,
Tom

PS Oh, yes, I buy with beemerdiver and sell with yeagerendeavors.

D

DeaconKC

Warhorse47
got it when still doing tactical duty at a maximum security prison........:eusa_doh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80