Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

When a pistol pocket isn't a pistol pocket, thankfully...

pawineguy

One Too Many
I thought the pistol pocket inside my new Thedi CR was a pretty cool detail, then I gave it some thought and realized that I would never carry in there, it would show too easily and it's basically facing the wrong way. Then I realized it was also most likely too small (because of the odd shape) to hold even my small wallet, so that it was rendered useless. Well I finally unzipped it to see just how tight it was and found out that the leather was just for show... it has a rectangular cotton lining that easily fits a wallet. Just posting for those who might have looked at it on Thedi or Thurston's site and been put off by the lack of a usable inside pocket.

IMG_4772.JPG
IMG_4771.JPG

pawineguy

One Too Many
Yes, Barrett Alley Revelation in #8 Shell. Grayland, I did mean to note the wallet because as you said, someone was going to ask... Barrett does make nice wallets and this is what I carry normally.

Last edited:
No pistol pocket can fit a C-96. Even less so my M712. Luckily, that's what the stock's for. This is clearly for a Saturday night special.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
If you feel underwhelmed by a Derringer, there's always the one chambered for 45-70! [video=youtube;DKZ0SMCD6sQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKZ0SMCD6sQ[/video]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany