Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

When are you too old for a Beatle's suit

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hey!!! I resemble that remark!!!....

mikepara said:
Is this a wind up?

I wouldn't really knock most of The Beatles musical output. But they had horrible dress sense.. even when compared to the rest of the 60's. Horrendous! Skin tight, Collarless, Pointy winklepicker boots, moptops...need I list more?

Sorry but where is that thread on Caftans and Gurus?

Los Beatles were the fashion spearhead of the '60's! They set the trend! When they teamed up with 'The Fool' designers in 1966, they practically invented the Psychedelic Era. Those outfits in the "Our World" broadcast in '67 changed the look overnight.

5256656e.jpg

2638110a.jpg

And besides that they wore fedoras to boot!!!!!! :p

-dixon cannon (the sixth Beatle!)

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Dixon Cannon said:
Los Beatles were the fashion spearhead of the '60's! They set the trend! When they teamed up with 'The Fool' designers in 1966, they practically invented the Psychedelic Era. Those outfits in the "Our World" broadcast in '67 changed the look overnight.

5256656e.jpg

-dixon cannon (the sixth Beatle!)

I think they had this sort of Old West look about them at this point. A kind of Gunfight at The OK Corral look. :)

mikepara

Practically Family
Ok Sorry.

Oh please forgive me. I didn't realise it was bad manners not to agree with everything posted in this Lounge.

I recant my Beatle post. Pointless deleting it as its been quoted.

I'll concur to not post in a thread unless I agree with the sentiment. However It's a sad place though if you can only post in agreement and daren't say you dislike something incase it offends.

Dixon Cannon

Correctamundo Major Danger!...

Maj.Nick Danger said:
I think they had this sort of Old West look about them at this point. A kind of Gunfight at The OK Corral look. :)

This particular shot was from their last photo session together at Lennon's Tittenhusrt Park in 1970. They were by this time heavily influenced by 'The Band' (as was most everyone else in music at the time!) and they were going for that cross-over 'country' theme that was becoming prevalent. (James Taylor, Byrds, Flying Burritos, Linda Ronstadt, CSN, etc.) 'The Band' and their look are mentioned by Paul McCartney in the film 'Let It Be', dialogue, and it is obvious there that he has taken on the look of Garth Hudson.

I'll find an "Our World" photo for comparison. But...how 'bout George's jacket!!!??? :eusa_clap

-dixon cannon

jake431

Practically Family
I too would be curious to see how the Ed Sullivan suit turns out - if you get it Jack, please post your thoughts and pics if you got 'em.

-Jake

Briscoeteque

One of the Regulars
I like these suits, they're alot of fun. I don't think they'd be the suit I'd get if I had 400 dollars, but anyone who pulled one off would definately have style. My favorite would defiinately be the Ed Sullivan number. And I love the sharkskin in general. The hair is a must though.

That frock coat is really cool, too, though I would never know how or where to wear it.

Dixon Cannon

Proving two things....

..in this post; my three decade long love affair with this Beatles jacket and my lack of artistic ability (as attested to in a previous thread!)

The George Harrison jacket c.1970
4c69f67c.jpg

The Ringo 'Abbey Road' suit c.1970
RinogCoat.jpg

-dixon "beatle" cannon c.2006

Dixon Cannon

Follow George's lead...

Briscoeteque said:
...That frock coat is really cool, too, though I would never know how or where to wear it.

With jeans and an open collar shirt (and Beatle boots, of course!) I'll have mine in the Fall so I'll show off the 'proper' how to! ;)

-dixon cannon

Right. Zach. I knew I was forgetting another 60s fan. Did you ever end up getting the Goldfinger suit?

I'm going to write to beatlesuits.com later and see if I can get pics of the jacket interior and of the trousers. They have the Hard Day's trousers on the site, but not the Sullivan. I can't decide if I can live with pocketless jacket and trousers. And still when I go back to the site, the Shea jacket seems to be calling.

What can I say, Dixon? Some people just don't understand that style is style and cool is cool no matter what form it comes in. ;)

Another guy who looked great - and, heavens, he's not even wearing a suit!

nw_fonda1.jpg

Zach R.

Practically Family
Senator Jack said:
Right. Zach. I knew I was forgetting another 60s fan. Did you ever end up getting the Goldfinger suit?

No, I ended up getting a more conservative carbon grey DB, but its definitely on my list to get within the next six months.

Its a great suit to round out anyone's wardrobe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24