Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where can I buy a new ribbon?

Donato

One of the Regulars
This may have been covered in other posts but after doing a couple of searches I could not find what I was looking for. If I wanted to change a ribbon where can I purchase one online? I am interested in a 2" standard tie ribbon for a Stylemaster. Thanks.

kiltie

Practically Family
HELP

I got a hat I was eagerly anticipating today. It's a Resistol San Antonio - like an Open Road. As expected, I'm going to have to have it professionally cleaned - nothing glaring, but a bit more that the brush or sponge can handle. I'll probably have to have the ribbon replaced, but here's my problem: there's also what looks to be almost like a fingerprint cast with graphite on the brim binding. It looks like it'll come out or, at the very least, fade considerably with a little work on it. I also expect that to be rectified by the pros. What I'm wondering though is, with a developing collection, how do you tend to the "dirty ribbon problem", either bands, ribbons, binding, what have you? I've seen plenty on felt cleaning, and I'm probably just overlooking something on another thread, which is why I didn't start a new one. Any help, either directing me to an existing thread or new, would be nice. Thanks in advance.

Marcus Brody

Familiar Face
Basically what you want to be looking for is grosgrain type ribbon made with a rayon cotton blend. Although you can easily find polyester grosgrain ribbon super cheap which tends to be a little more shiny and less easy to shape. It all works, it just depends what you're looking for and if you don't mind paying a little bit more. But if you don't care really, you can get polyester grosgrain super cheap on ebay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy