Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where can I find a sweater like this?

B-24J

One of the Regulars
From an old Willis & Geiger catalog:

WG-Sweater.jpg

Does anyone know of a supplier who might handle a similar sweater?

I've looked at the usual web sights and the Lounge, but nothing really quite the same.

I like the shawl collar and the quilted over the shoulder patches.

Thanks, John

GHQ1

One of the Regulars
Last edited:

JakeHolman

One of the Regulars
^ Yup, i've seen them in there too - I work about 10 minutes away from Earlham Street, the place is a treasure trove. Looked like good old-fashioned quality.

B-24J

One of the Regulars
Thank you for all the replies! I do like the North Sea offering. But I still hope that there is a Scottish outfitter out there who has what I'm looking for.

John

clarinetplayer

Familiar Face

a7-2-1.jpg
a2-9.jpg

Received my North Sea Clothing Expedition Sweater. Think "turtle neck"; this is not a sweater that one could, or would want to, wear a shirt underneath. I'm wearing a Patagonia think wool layer. This is a size 40; I have a 39 chest. There is plenty of room in the chest and arm pits but very snug in the sleeves. The fit is snug, but not tight. Very happy with this sweater.

Last edited:

GHQ1

One of the Regulars
http://www.ctshirts.com/men%27s-casualwear/men%27s-knitwear/Maritime-shawl-collar-jumper?q=usddefault||KH027NAV|||||4018,112,||||||||#The North Sea looks great . . . Does anyone have experience with the Charles Tyrwhitt version that looks almost identical esp if you look at the photos of the model wearing it. Description shows a leather neck button but the model photos show an anchor button just like the NSC version.

It's funny . .after I inquired about the Tyrwhitt sweater and the three photos showing the anchor button, two photos were removed that CLEARLY showed the metal anchor button . . .

The Tyrwhitt version is only 60 GBP or about US $105 plus $10 shipping in the US.

Last edited:

BRJACKET

New in Town
I bought the Expedition sweater from North Sea (Navy color) and had it shipped to the states. Neil is great to work with. I had the sweater quickly. It's quality is excellent. The only problem is that is was too snug for my taste. Once again Neil worked with me. I sent it back and he sent a larger size which fits great. It is a really warm sweater. I highly recommend the sweater and the company.

GHQ1

One of the Regulars
North sea clothing - expedition

Somebody grab the Size 40 at J Crew for 30% off . . . CODE is MUSTHAVE

I did the calculations and with tax and shipping the Expedition is $145 . . .. .

ClaraBow

New in Town
No, the person that runs the shop (Vintage Showroom shop) used to have a stall in Portobello market, he also has a showroom but it's invite only probably for designers or collectors. The shop is just a retailer for NSC gear, the sweaters are nice I have a submariner bit smelly but I got rid of the smell with Stergene and a hand wash- very nice jumper though. It's Neil Starr that runs NSC, he sells old Belstaff jackets, the proper ones before the company was bought by Italians.

Last edited:

pipvh

Practically Family
The North Sea jumpers look great - seen them in Earlham Street and will no doubt end up with one. But I have to recommend Black Sheep (link on the previous page). I've had a zip-front cardi/jacket of theirs for many years and it's held up amazingly well seeing as it's been my go-to jumper for cutting wood, bonfires etc. Fantastic wool, fantastic construction and still very stylish.

Todd V

Familiar Face
It looks like Northsea Clothing introduced a few new models. I cannot be the first to have noticed this, can I? Several new shawl models to chose from plus a new turtleneck.

I would love one of these for this fall/winter but am still hung up on the sizing. Should I go up a size? I dunno...

http://www.northseaclothing.co.uk/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider