Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where can I find this type of crosszip leather jacket?

Mcu

New in Town
I am in the market for a simple looking crosszip leather jacket like the one Monarch repro below (not my size). Or the Ralph Lauren below, which actually belongs to one of the members. It should be without belt, without any rope behind, as simple as possible from the back and comfortably long for more casual appearance. Kinda like Vanson commando as well. Brown is my preferred choice but I think my options are very limited then.

I am specifically looking for a second hand/vintage jacket. What brands or models I should search for?

https://www.ebay.de/itm/403331881369?hash=item5de8741999:g:2OEAAOSwfY5hqOxJ
383801-1eae64574c2ae770de33577b30a366d1.jpg
728CF74D-17A7-4F9F-9C82-6365BD44228B.jpeg Commando_S_2.0_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Last edited:

Mcu

New in Town
Not sure if long enough, but for a vintage cross zip it is very difficult to do better than this (from @JMax in Finds and Deals:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sears-Roeb...5&toolid=10001&customid=kxywawt80w0004qa00004

Actually I am not tall and my size is 38. It is just that some of the crosszips are really short, while I am trying to find a more casual version without a belt. This looks like a terrific jacket but a bit costly no?

Also I have a Real Mccoys Buco J24 already...

That’s a good price for that jacket. Sears All State label on Buco. Harder to find than one with a Buco label. I’d look for Sears Hercules D pocket of some sort. Removable belts at least. Mostly short jackets tho. The Hercs made outside of Cali may be longer, at least mine is. For slightly longer vintage cuts, any of the northeast makers, in HH. Fidelity, Guidemaster, etc. Make sure it’s HH.

For jackets without the accouterments— you pretty much have to go back further than the MC era. Go 30s-40s aviator type searches. GL.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
I am in the market for a simple looking crosszip leather jacket like the one Monarch repro below (not my size). Or the Ralph Lauren below, which actually belongs to one of the members. It should be without belt, without any rope behind, as simple as possible from the back and comfortably long for more casual appearance. Kinda like Vanson commando as well. Brown is my preferred choice but I think my options are very limited then.

I am specifically looking for a second hand/vintage jacket. What brands or models I should search for?

https://www.ebay.de/itm/403331881369?hash=item5de8741999:g:2OEAAOSwfY5hqOxJ
View attachment 392800
View attachment 392801 View attachment 392802

The maker of the first jacket is a forum member: Maverickson. He is one of the best in the business. DAVE SHEELEY Contact him. I know he can work with you in finding your size?

Last edited:

Mcu

New in Town
The maker of the first jacket is a forum member: Maverickson. He is one of the best in the business. DAVE SHEELEY Contact him. I know he can work with you in finding your size?

I don't think I can afford him right now... Already bought an expensive jacket last year. My wife could shoot me. To be honest, it feels like this is going to be long-time search due to my price aversion.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
I don't think I can afford him right now... Already bought an expensive jacket last year. My wife could shoot me. To be honest, it feels like this is going to be long-time search due to my price aversion.

I understand. What size are you looking for?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails