Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where does vintage begin and end for you?

cookie

I'll Lock Up
That anything like my plan to have prescription infrared ocular implants hardwired into my optic-nerves as soon as technology allows once my eyes finally fail me?

'Course, then that means a lot of explaining about the permanent redeye even outside of photos...:eek: lol

Plane travel will never be a problem...just take the red eye specials....!

Mark D

One of the Regulars
I would LOVE to see the inside of your house.

I haven't been around long enough to upload attachments yet but I'll post some pictures at some point.

I'd say the house is at about 60 to 70% period in terms of look. The feel is somewhat eclectic. I call it 'Modern American Barn.' It's a repro 1790's New England cape. Most of the furnishings come from a local guy who makes a business of buying up the contents of old barns and estates.

rue

I haven't been around long enough to upload attachments yet but I'll post some pictures at some point.

I'd say the house is at about 60 to 70% period in terms of look. The feel is somewhat eclectic. I call it 'Modern American Barn.' It's a repro 1790's New England cape. Most of the furnishings come from a local guy who makes a business of buying up the contents of old barns and estates.

Oh yes you can :) Load your pics on http://photobucket.com/ and put them here:
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?9248-Show-us-your-vintage-home!

PLEASE :D

For me vintage is mainly through books -- either history or actual vintage books themselves -- and music. Unfortunately the logistics of my daily life makes dressing vintage a tad impractical for me but hopefully that scenario will soon change. In the meantime I do, in the very least, always wear a button-down shirt and sometimes a fedora. I refuse to wear T-shirts.

A number of people's comments about today's disposable society struck a resonant chord with me. I think I've said it before somewhere on another thread but one of the things that I always admired about the Golden Era was that there was a much greater sense of permanence.

Gilboa said:
What I find the most difficult to deal with in the current time is people's inability to hold a conversation, their lack of interest in anything. Their mind switches 'channel's just as if somebody would remote control them. Most people take too much for granted nowadays, partly reason for loss of respect.

I agree. People today have become less interesting and more boring. It seems that most people do not seem to have any real hobbies or interests anymore. It challenges my sense of credulity when the people who tell me they don't have time for anything anymore are very often the same ones who can bend my ear ad nauseum about what happened last night on Duncing with the Stars or America's Got No Talent.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I live in a building built in 1926 which actually has maintained almost all of it's original features (aside from things that NEED to be updated like stove, sink, fridge, and toilet.)

Got pics on my FB. Add me, Rue, if you have one, too :)

rue

I live in a building built in 1926 which actually has maintained almost all of it's original features (aside from things that NEED to be updated like stove, sink, fridge, and toilet.)

Got pics on my FB. Add me, Rue, if you have one, too :)

I would love to see pics! I don't have a facebook. Long story, but involves a blog I had and an ex-wife...ick, so I can't or she'll find me again. PM me anytime though and I can give you details ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart