Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to Find an Original Four Climes G9 Jacket

wharrell

New in Town
Man would I like to have another one of these, both in tan and navy. I got my original 4 Climes Jackets out of college, a great investment then, but now I need new ones. These are the cotton shell sport jackets with the sharp tartan inner lining.

Does anyone know where to obtain one ?

Robert Kirk Ltd (Cable Car Clothiers) in San Francisco has them on their website but a call to the store say they are out until something next year.

Advice appreciated Gents.

Image from Robert Kirk Ltd Website:

21040.jpeg

Cable Car Clothiers

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab

wharrell said:
Man would I like to have another one of these, both in tan and navy. I got my original 4 Climes Jackets out of college, a great investment then, but now I need new ones. These are the cotton shell sport jackets with the sharp tartan inner lining.

Robert Kirk Ltd (Cable Car Clothiers) in San Francisco has them on their website but a call to the store say they are out until something next year.

Advice appreciated Gents.

Image from Robert Kirk Ltd Website:

21040.jpeg

Did you ever find one? What was there price?

wharrell

New in Town
Thank you.

I have now finally found the jacket, the original ones like I had in college.

Unfortunately, they are $285 - $325 now, I remember paying about $110 here in Raleigh NC when I was in college.

I'll have to shell out the bucks now to get another 2.

Bill

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Never seen these before

Glad this thread got bumped. How far back does this jacket style go? I still think I want a Mackinaw first... then again, this would be good for fall... perfect with an "Open Road".....

So what makes them so special/pricey?

anselmo1

One of the Regulars
I have two 46 Long G9's which I bought back in the 1980's, one in tan and the other in navy. Unfortunately, O'Connell's do not carry long sizes. Does anyone know another source since I want to buy one in British Tan?

Salv

One Too Many
John Simon's in London has probably the largest stocks of new G-9s anywhere and he will ship to the US, so he may have what you want. You have to phone or fax your order as he doesn't sell over the internet - contact details here.

anselmo1

One of the Regulars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran