Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which Boater would you buy??

Wild Root

Gone Home
Sharpie, I would bid on the ebay vintage boater since it's very colse to your size. Yes, those hats can't really be resized but, there is a good chance that the hat fits. If it don't fit, you can resell it on ebay and get your money back.

I like the ribbon styles of the vintage ones a lot. Not real common and they look real Art Deco. But, if you want to play it safe, then I would go with the new one. I'll tell you, once I bidded on a fedora on ebay and it said it was a 7 1/4. It was really a 7 1/2! It was way too big (Sorry guys, this was 5 years ago the hat's gone now) But that boater might be a long oval and the seller doesn't know.

It looks like it's in really good condition though.

Root.

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Wild Root said:
Sharpie, I would bid on the ebay vintage boater since it's very colse to your size. Yes, those hats can't really be resized but, there is a good chance that the hat fits. If it don't fit, you can resell it on ebay and get your money back.

I like the ribbon styles of the vintage ones a lot. Not real common and they look real Art Deco. But, if you want to play it safe, then I would go with the new one. I'll tell you, once I bidded on a fedora on ebay and it said it was a 7 1/4. It was really a 7 1/2! It was way too big (Sorry guys, this was 5 years ago the hat's gone now) But that boater might be a long oval and the seller doesn't know.

It looks like it's in really good condition though.

Root.

Seller has wrong size listed its a 22 inch not a 7 3/8 so I retracted my bid. ERROR IN Listing.

I called Baron Hats Of Ca. Boater 4 inch crown 3 inch brim 7 3/8 long oval custom fit!!. I told them about there shipping charges 1/3 price of the hat!! Well it was a web error.

Mark, Was great and he is sending me my custom boater just like I wanted.
My first experience with them was a very favorable experience!
I hope he will join us here, he was invited. :beer: Root Beer

Thanks to the ones who tried to help me. I do appreciate it.
Regards,

Sharpey :)

android

One of the Regulars
How much is Baron's charging you for a custom long oval?

I asked for a long oval boater and they told me $385 + the original $85. The "master weaver" in Italy would make it. I declined. I'm going to find out where in Venice the darn things are made and order one direct.

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Happy, Happy

android said:
How much is Baron's charging you for a custom long oval?

I asked for a long oval boater and they told me $385 + the original $85. The "master weaver" in Italy would make it. I declined. I'm going to find out where in Venice the darn things are made and order one direct.

Call and speak to Mark! You will be very happy!! :)

Roger :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff