Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which decade is the worst in terms of style?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Seen on the street this afternoon: a distinguished looking middle-aged fellow wearing an immaculate suit coat, crisp Oxford shirt, and regimental tie -- with ragged dungarees and high-top black sneakers down below. I guess that means he's a grown man only from the waist up?.
Boardroom up top, playground down below......

JimWagner

Practically Family
Seen on the street this afternoon: a distinguished looking middle-aged fellow wearing an immaculate suit coat, crisp Oxford shirt, and regimental tie -- with ragged dungarees and high-top black sneakers down below. I guess that means he's a grown man only from the waist up?

Or maybe a tv news guy on the way to/from work who sits at a desk and is only seen from the waist up?

My vote would be 1967-1977. Horrible time for style...

1967 because then I can include in this that movie with fred Astaire and Petullah Clark (urgh!). But it's a movie that can tell a lot about those years. And make me think (and cry) when we remember that 10 years before he was filming Silk Stockings.

And final term in 1977 because... That's when I was born! ;)

I'll second that time period. I lived through a good part of it. It stunk---literally at times. :p

Danny Ocean

A-List Customer
Sounds like the excuse for a mullet.:eeek: :mullet:

The 80's were pretty grim for "The Mullet", also......! :eeek:

FlockofSeagulls.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou