Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which glasses for me?

Which glasses do you like on me?

• Chanel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swedish designer

• none - find another pair

• Total voters

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
I am in dire need of some new glasses and have borrowed two frames from an optician. They doesn't have to be total vintage looking, since I am not vintage every day.

The one pair are from Chanel and I am in love with the little cameliaflower on one side and CC logo on the other side, but they look heavier than the other pair, but also more contemporary. The other, more cat-like frames are from a swedish designer and is definitly more vintage'ish - but would I love them every day for years to come??

Which ones do you like the best on me. Remember it is window glass, so they reflect much more light than real glasslenses.

1: Chanel

Foto75.jpg

2 : Swedish designer

Foto67.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
The 2nd ones suit your face better and aren't so overtly retro looking that you could have a problem with them down the road. I think they only hint at retro.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
If it has to be one of these two then yes...the 2nd one.

But I think they both overwhelm your face and say glasses!

For -everyday- I would get a plainer more blends in pair...so that you see the woman and not the glasses...but thats just -my- taste in things. If you are a bold and vibrant outgoing person....you might feel different.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
The first pair looks like goggles on you. The second pair would look good as sunglasses. Unless you're going for the arty urban intellectual look, I second Miss N's suggestion about getting something subtler for your regular glasses.

ShortClara

One Too Many
#2 is the better, like everyone else said :) I like the black, it makes your blue eyes pop! For my opinion, though, maybe a pair which don't go so far down your face - narrower in the height maybe.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
The second pair look much better on you than the first, it opens up your face and eyes better and does not look like goggles.

I am in agreement with several here that you could also try some other glasses to see if there's an even better style out there..

karol

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
the 2nd pair

The first pair are overwhelming.
And both of them look super modern, so maybe later on spring for a real pair of vintage frames and put lenses in them? If you need to look vintage for events and stuff.
I find that all these modern glasses look very much alike to me, but viewed side by side like this, I guess there are subtle differences.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
after I took lots of pics and tried them on hundreds of times, I just felt none of them were right. I went back to another shop and found a perfect pair, no hesitation!!! They are feminine, cat-shaped, but not so harsh like the second pair. they are medium grey and not so big as the cat-shaped ones.. or the goggles LOL.

chanelgrey.jpg

positivelypinup

One of the Regulars
Darhling said:
after I took lots of pics and tried them on hundreds of times, I just felt none of them were right. I went back to another shop and found a perfect pair, no hesitation!!! They are feminine, cat-shaped, but not so harsh like the second pair. they are medium grey and not so big as the cat-shaped ones.. or the goggles LOL.

chanelgrey.jpg

Yeah, The first pair seemed to pull your eyes inward. You dont want to get glasses that are too wide for your face because they'll do that. i thought you could go for a thinner frame. I bet the medium grey will look nice because i thought the black was too harsh for your face.. I used to sell glasses to people so i just notice these things. I want to see you in the pair you picked out.:D

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
positivelypinup said:
Yeah, The first pair seemed to pull your eyes inward. You dont want to get glasses that are too wide for your face because they'll do that. i thought you could go for a thinner frame. I bet the medium grey will look nice because i thought the black was too harsh for your face.. I used to sell glasses to people so i just notice these things. I want to see you in the pair you picked out.:D

oohh, thank you for some pro input!! It is so hard to pick out glasses, so it was good that they offered that I could take these home! I didn't take the final pair home, it was at a second shop, where they dont offer that. they have been put aside and I have an appointment on tuesday to get a eye-exam. after that it will take ten working days before they are ready..

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Darhling said:
after that it will take ten working days before they are ready..

10 days? Are you serious? That seems like an awfully long time to wait for glasses, even if they don't have their own lab in the store.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Here are my new glasses on, I went down to the optician and took a pic with them on. They haven't been adjusted to my face/ears and the pic isn't very good, but Casper and I agreed on that they were far the best pair. They also look a little darker than they really are. The lighting wasn't so good.

12042008196.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy