Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which of your jackets gets the most attention?

My coworkers call my beach cloth jacket "the sock monkey" LOL. Which is pretty good actually. The Cordo I've received comments mainly on the color and the feel. I wore it to a fund raiser and three people (all dudes, not lingerie models unfortunately) commented on the color and heft. One guy, told me I should fill my bath tub with hot water and soak myself and the jacket. I thanked him for the advice and slowly backed away.

My coworkers call my beach cloth jacket "the sock monkey" LOL. Which is pretty good actually. The Cordo I've received comments mainly on the color and the feel. I wore it to a fund raiser and three people (all dudes, not lingerie models unfortunately) commented on the color and heft. One guy, told me I should fill my bath tub with hot water and soak myself and the jacket. I thanked him for the advice and slowly backed away.

Apparently, that's a thing. Youtube will eventually start recommending it if you search for Vanson, Schott or Langlitz. It's actually more unsettling than it should be. That's when I know it's time to do something else. I guess it's what is officially known as that part of Youtube.

Apparently, that's a thing. Youtube will eventually start recommending it if you search for Vanson, Schott or Langlitz. It's actually more unsettling than it should be. That's when I know it's time to do something else. I guess it's what is officially known as that part of Youtube.
Yeah the guy was pretty adamant that only the jacket and my birthday suit should be worn in the tub. Thankfully he wasn't the bartender.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Has to be this one, Aero Blizzard, my newest acquisition. I’ve received more compliment and comments on it than any other jacket I have. Mostly it’s people commenting that it’s “a nice flying jacket”.

46b14c8dc3ca596eea6e3e42cbac8f0d.jpg

The other one that comes to mind is the Schott perfecto. But, the attention is more along the lines of “where’s the motorcycle”.

10378a7193d3c115390260398c651991.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m in a similar boat, the only real comments I get are about my Anj-4 and it’s typically “where’s the plane?”

And Ton312 I am contacting Pantone today and insisting they name a color sock monkey gray.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
I’m in a similar boat, the only real comments I get are about my Anj-4 and it’s typically “where’s the plane?”

And Ton312 I am contacting Pantone today and insisting they name a color sock monkey gray.

I guess that’s what we get for cosplaying as pilots and bikers (I don’t ride a motorcycle) [emoji6]

So far I got most positive comments on the red cafe racer and this one. People mostly comment how much they love the leather though some complaints are directed at the jacket being too short.
But everyone finds it "beautiful" which is a new one to me. Not the way it fits me or anything, they just find it beautiful.
IMG-20181008-163942.jpg

Gamma68

One Too Many
So far I got most positive comments on the red cafe racer and this one. People mostly comment how much they love the leather though some complaints are directed at the jacket being too short.
But everyone finds it "beautiful" which is a new one to me. Not the way it fits me or anything, they just find it beautiful.
IMG-20181008-163942.jpg

That is a super nice trucker. Who makes it?

EDIT: never mind. I enlarged the photo and read "Aero" on the buttons.

Peacoat

Bartender
Then probably my Enfield...

View attachment 142203
Another of my favorites, the Enfield breaks in to a comfortable and soft hide. For a cowhide, it also develops good graining.

You have done well with your M.C. jacket choices. Now, if you just had a Fox Creek for total comfort on the motor. When I wear mine, I don't even know I am wearing 1.4 mm leather (3 1/2 oz.). It honestly feels as if I am just wearing a T shirt.

I used to compete in slow speed police style competitions, and my only jacket for cool weather wear was the Fox Creek. Never even knew I was wearing a jacket, even with the liner in.

kliffjumper123

Familiar Face
Has anyone found there to be explicit negative reactions to wearing a leather jacket? I happen to wear an A-2 on occasion, which I've received both positive and negative reactions from. That said, most reactions have been positive and to be completely honest, I couldn't give a rats rear end about the negativity.

negative-waves3.jpg

Harris HTM

One Too Many
Has anyone found there to be explicit negative reactions to wearing a leather jacket? I happen to wear an A-2 on occasion, which I've received both positive and negative reactions from. That said, most reactions have been positive and to be completely honest, I couldn't give a rats rear end about the negativity.

negative-waves3.jpg
Yes. Mainly looks of disgust from vegan hipsters.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
It’s pretty funny. Some time ago, I started on a meat restrictive diet (I’m a vegetarian on weekdays and only allow myself to eat meat on weekends). My jackets (and shoes, wallet, belt, bag/briefcase etc) elicit quite a lot of disgusted stares in the vegan and vegetarian lunch restaurants I frequent during the weeks.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Then probably my Enfield...

View attachment 142203
One of the best looking, best fitting jackets I have seen anywhere! :cool: I think black CR style jackets are perhaps less noticed than brown, maybe the reason your brown HWM might get more recognition/comments than your black Enfield. For whatever reason my russet Vicanza Sheene seems to get more "nice jacket" comments than my black Vicanza Sheene, although I prefer my black over my russet. Go figure ... :rolleyes:

2015-08-18 14.48.27.jpg 2016-07-09 14.27.32.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo