Which one of these jacket twins is a keeper?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by trainspotter, Nov 30, 2020.

Which one of these jacket twins is a keeper?

1. 38

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. 40

26 vote(s)
    86.7%
  3. Keep 'em both !

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  1. Vezio

Vezio Familiar Face

I think the right size for you is the 38, considering that the back length is also right.
    Of course it all depends on your willpower, as you yourself admitted that the lock down period was not lenient for your weight.
    When you lose weight, not only waist decreases, but also chest and partly shoulders.
    Of course if you don't want to lose weight and if you want to wear the jacket mainly in winter, with bulky sweaters, keep the size 40!

trainspotter likes this.
  2. trainspotter

trainspotter One of the Regulars

Haven't really worn any jacket till now, got both this summer. I intend to loose weight, but would want to layer as well during winters. 38 is strictly T shirt only actually

3. trainspotter

The second jacket is the 40 :)

MrProper likes this.
  4. MrProper

MrProper Practically Family

I took another closer look at the pictures and realized that I was fooled by the length of the 40. At first I thought the 40 fits better, but on closer inspection, the 38 is perfect (for my taste). But both are good jackets. I would keep both if financially it fits. one with a layer, the other with a t-shirt.

trainspotter likes this.
  5. trainspotter

I was thinking of keeping both @MrProper. Had put up the 38 on sale even before receiving the 40, but took it down later. But now that I think of it, can probably get a BR or a HB in the same leather(love natural cxl) by topping up the sale amount from one of these
    great to hear your perspective though, I was hoping someone suggests keeping both :)

MrProper likes this.
  6. Monitor

Monitor

40 looks better.

trainspotter likes this.
  7. 40

8. trainspotter

Zipped open(which for me is most of the time), the 38 feels great. Zipped up, it is too tight at the waist, but the 40 is only marginally better. I like the length of the 40 better though
    The stretching part, isn't it dependent on how tight the jacket is to begin with? Like if one is wearing a fairly relaxed jacket, it will stretch much less vs a tighter one being pushed out at several points. That way, the 40 can only stretch so much..its already quite generous in the shoulders and chest

9. bn1966

bn1966 Call Me a Cab

The 40 looks much better especially zipped...I had a similar issue with an A-2 which I wore for years & eventually accepted, that zippered it fitted like a straitjacket. Sized up one...perfect fit open & shut :)

trainspotter likes this.
  10. Superfluous

Superfluous My Mail is Forwarded Here

[​IMG]

Much cleaner fit.

bn1966, trainspotter and Monitor like this.
  11. jonbuilder

jonbuilder Call Me a Cab

For me it's obvious the 40 jacket fit overrides any collar perferences

bn1966 and trainspotter like this.
  12. Ugly Genius

Ugly Genius New in Town

38 looks perfect, like a bespoke fit. The 40, by contrast, looks more off-the-rack.
    Granted, the 40 fits, sure, and, should you choose to pursue this (crazy difficult) form of body transformation, it will allow you to maximize belly robustness (winter storage!), but for your frame right now, I think the 38 is spot on.

13. jglf

jglf One of the Regulars

Expect for the part where the waist is too tight while zipped up. Can’t you see the bulging pockets?

bn1966 likes this.
  14. Peacoat

Peacoat Bartender Bartender

I say keep them both; one for wearing a sweater underneath and one for just a shirt in mild weather. Failing that, I vote for the 40.

bn1966 likes this.
  15. air

air Familiar Face

Definetly 40, never been a fan of tighter fits

16. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 My Mail is Forwarded Here

I would keep the size 40

17. Jin431

Jin431 One Too Many

I'm thinking the size 38 will gradually form better around your physique over time especially when it is fully broken in and will be the more flattering of the two. The size 40 will be the more versatile of the two

trainspotter likes this.
  18. breezer

breezer Practically Family

38.........all day

19. 58panheadfan

58panheadfan Practically Family

I don't mean to be rude, but i don't think either jacket really suits you. From my point of view, your physique is not made for this type of jacket...

Edit: In particular, when both jackets are zipped up, there is something wrong with the proportions between the belly area and the top of the jacket. Somehow both jackets size 38" & 40" look too tight in the belly / hip area.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
    trainspotter likes this.
  20. 58panheadfan

58panheadfan Practically Family

Here is an illustration of what I mean exactly. The change from lower to upper section is kind of weird. Of course, the CR jacket has its own cut. Originally made for and worn by lean motorcycle racers, that could be a reason why in old photos the jackets look different...

38 Front 1.jpeg

red devil and Shine like this.