Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which religious group?

Which religion?

• Athiest/Agnostic/None

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Baptist

• Catholic

• Jewish

• Protestant

• Methodist

• Jehovah's Witness

• Mormon/Christ Scientist

• Islam

• Hindu/Buddist/Eastern

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew Dalton

A-List Customer
I was baptised Catholic, but I could probably count the amount of times I've been in a church on my hands.

I'd say I'm somewhat Agnostic, took a test once and it said my beliefs were closest to Islam in the mainstream faiths.

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Ahh, well good to know there's at least one other person of the same faith as me!

I couldn't select any from the list, as I'm Lutheran. I'm "supposed to be" Russian Orthodox", but the former is what I was baptized in, and really suits me.

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Oh gosh, well I just suppose the North Carolina Synod. The church I go to states it's a member of the ELCA.

Could you explain to me why it wouldn't be classified as Lutheran anymore, I'm not sure I understand.I just involve myself with the faith.

OldSkoolFrat

A-List Customer
I am a Space Banker

Senator Jack said:
Church of the SubGenius.

dobbs.jpg

I Lack Slack.

Steve

Practically Family
Non-denominational meat-and-potatoes Christian would best describe me; though I have a deep respect for the major denominations.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Lutheran's aren't Protestant?[huh] I thought only Episcopalians were not considered Protestant since it was Martin Luther who nailed his list to the church door and started the Protestant Reformation. Please help me out here.:)

farnham54

A-List Customer
Reminds me of a joke. An old "lawyer"* was on his deathbed, and not wanting to leave his fortune behind he asked his wife to put all his money in the attic so his soul could grab it and take it to heaven. A few days later, he finally passed into the great hereafter. After she finished sobbing, his loving wife (who had obeyed his last wishes) left the group of well wishers and checked in the attic.

Sure enough, there was all the money still there. "That bloody fool!" she said. "I TOLD him he should have put it in the basement!" :D

*insert whichever profession you wish to harp on.

I am a baptised and confirmed Anglican, but havn't really been practising in years. I do believe in a higher power though--but if he is really all knowing and all powerful, he won't care how you approach him. Leastways, thats my take on it.

Cheers
Craig

Hondo

One Too Many
Matt Deckard said:
I'm supposed to be Catholic. I actually read the Bible now and again though I still look at it as a book.

I’m some what in agreement, I look at many a good books. I haven’t seen god, but he lives in all of us, yeah good and evil.
Quote a John Lennon song, “there ain’t no Jesus going to come down from the sky”... Heaven is how you look at it, were all just dust and bones when we die, elderly folks who get near 80’s have that religious feeling, a need to be near him/her, church, I have my own church in my head and so do all.
Every New Years Eve, I think about those young and old who died and I get to thinking about my own morality.
Yeah this is a sticky topic, they say "you are what you eat", Growing old sucks eggs, we’ll all end up as prunes but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I’m really fortunate to make it this far, so I’m cool, not afraid of death, once I’m gone that’s it folks. I’m not as wild as in the past, if there is an after life. I hope things are better where ever the heck I’m at or in, so lets just enjoy the ride, life and pursuit of happiness.
As Wildroot would say: know right from wrong, that’s all kids.

Wrong is wrong even if every one says it's right.
Right is right even if every one else says it's wrong. -Hugh Beaumont

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
My whole family got expelled when my grandfather left church so I never got baptized. There are two things I believe in though: In the power of nature and in myself. One might say I´m a pagan in this aspect ;)

Anyway there seem so many religious christian sub-groups in the USa that I don´t really understand. Here we have the protestants and catholics and that´s it. Over there you have so many different churches that I´m quiet confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21