Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which RMC Buco jacket is this? [J24 content]

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Joe McCoy is a subline.
ジョーマッコイ (Joe McCoy) は、リアルマッコイズの展開するブランドの一つ。ジョセフ・ゲイティング・マッコイという、西部開拓時代に実在し、カンザス州の寒村アビリーンを一夜にして不夜城に変えてしまった人物が、もしも衣料品製造・販売会社「J.G.マッコイ商会」を創業していたならば…、という仮定で創造された。1997年の誕生以来、リアルマッコイズのワークラインを支える。2001年の旧リアルマッコイズ倒産と同時に一度姿を消したブランドだが、現リアルマッコイズによって2009年秋に復活を遂げた。
Toys McCoy is another brand
旧リアルマッコイズ創始者の一人である岡本博は旧リアルマッコイズから独立し、現在トイズマッコイ (Toys McCoy) という別ブランドを展開し
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/ザ・リアルマッコイズ
It is confusing because they are all related. Back then you can even find Buzz Rickson's and RM in the same cataogue.

Last edited:

dannyk

One Too Many
Joe McCoy is a subline.
ジョーマッコイ (Joe McCoy) は、リアルマッコイズの展開するブランドの一つ。ジョセフ・ゲイティング・マッコイという、西部開拓時代に実在し、カンザス州の寒村アビリーンを一夜にして不夜城に変えてしまった人物が、もしも衣料品製造・販売会社「J.G.マッコイ商会」を創業していたならば…、という仮定で創造された。1997年の誕生以来、リアルマッコイズのワークラインを支える。2001年の旧リアルマッコイズ倒産と同時に一度姿を消したブランドだが、現リアルマッコイズによって2009年秋に復活を遂げた。
Toys McCoy is another brand
旧リアルマッコイズ創始者の一人である岡本博は旧リアルマッコイズから独立し、現在トイズマッコイ (Toys McCoy) という別ブランドを展開し
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/ザ・リアルマッコイズ
Thanks ; That makes sense. And then we discussed different people broke off and started other brands and what not.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Maybe. Like I said it’s all confusing and they all have so many connections. Like according to this 2017 updated 2019 Heddels article https://www.heddels.com/2017/12/the-real-mccoys-history-philosophy-and-iconic-products-2/
Joy McCoy is merely a sub label or RMC focused on western wear and not it’s own thing. But then I have heard it is. I’m sticking with confusing and they all branch off from one another somehow.

Heddels is a combination of poorly researched articles and advertorial.

Insolentminx1

New in Town
Hi folks,

Pulled the trigger on my first J24-style jacket [unless you count the Lewis Leathers Bronx, which has similarities but is not a D-pocket]! Except...is it a J24?

View attachment 421461

It's my second Real McCoys jacket. I have only gotten to ever handle my first RMC, a Storm Rider. So for those of you who have seen many RMC Buco jackets, especially the J24 models, and / or have been to the stores, what model is this? Any thoughts on year, etc. would also be appreciated; I picked it up secondhand and am guessing it may be a Japan exclusive.

Instead of the two rear map pockets, it has these adjustable waistband ties, which I like the look of. Kinda like a Langlitz Columbia or CHP jacket.

View attachment 421462

Also has black lining. I wonder if it's a more recent release or something older?

Thoughts appreciated.
They just re realeased this J24 with some minor tweaks. You should check it out. It’s really amazing. I’m contemplating pullin the trigger on it right now actually. It’s super amazing!

TheBigEraser

One of the Regulars
Toys McCoy is not a product line but a new brand started by RM's founder when he left RM for good.
Just to add a bit more detail: Toys Mccoy was a product line of the “old” Real Mccoy’s specializing toys established in 1996. When RM founder left RM, he took this brand with him and started his own business again.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
I don't know about this specific RMC version but it is really cool. I like the side laces.

The black and white thing was common in the 40s ( i think it is the right decade but might be wrong), they used to do that on night riding jackets, there are a bunch of pics of them in the Rin Tanaka books.

Stuart from LW has an old Trojan like that, he calls it a "Night Rider", i don't know if the term is as old as the jackets.

http://www.lostworldsinc.com/Trojan_Night_Rider_Motorcycle_Jacket.htm

I have a LW J-23 with the "night rider" treatment, i like it a lot:

gqyXp86.jpg

HO6kEDM.jpg
Those Trojans champion and night riders are great jackets. The older night riders had only the yoke and the lower band in white. LW is a later production model with more visibility. Their leather was supreme, they use FLYNNTAN as their exclusive tanner. I did have one that fit perfect when I weight 165lbs. I got mine from it's original owner who sold it to me at a Pomona meet. I Gave it to my young nephew about 20 years ago as a gift. He is an inspiring rock guitar singer who rocks that thing often. Their belts were just bridled type leather, black on one side but brown in the inner. Very much like buco's but double prong 2.25" instead of single 1.5" No need for belt loop holders in this jacket.
No disrespect to LW but many references about the company and the jacket are not accurate and very speculative. Their jackets were made to order Trojan has been using the height and weight sizing method since 1932. I wonder if Stu, got that idea. Being a very practical way to estimate sizes Stu could very possibly figure that himself as well. Some trojans did come with Crown #7 gold zips and super heavy duty wide teeth talons. Mine came with the #7 spring loaded gold zip.

Last edited:

Geekrobot

One of the Regulars
Fantastic info guys. I ended up with a RMC Buco BJ9111 and mouton collar instead, though I did see they released the new version of these two tone night rider jackets late last year. I really love those, but couldn't justify another D-pocket.

I do have a Saint Laurent two tone night rider that is utterly beautiful. Oiled calf. Don't think that is a FL favorite brand, but the jacket itself is stunning.

1_e7024310-b513-43c9-ba96-abc1dff35e92_416x@2x.progressive.png.jpg

2_be8d45e2-1c6b-499a-b3bc-9b3398fb755e_416x@2x.progressive.png.jpg

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Fantastic info guys. I ended up with a RMC Buco BJ9111 and mouton collar instead, though I did see they released the new version of these two tone night rider jackets late last year. I really love those, but couldn't justify another D-pocket.

I do have a Saint Laurent two tone night rider that is utterly beautiful. Oiled calf. Don't think that is a FL favorite brand, but the jacket itself is stunning.

View attachment 494943

View attachment 494945
Stunning indeed! SLR is big in Europe. More like a fashion jacket but excellent quality never the less. When I lived in Paris, I rocked my night rider. I rode a cool honda VF1000R Interceptor in the American Market. Later in 2006 I purchased the new and last version of the bike as an RC51. I still have. It was called The Ducati Killer. Which by the way, I also have lol. Those are my only two crutch rockets I presently own. RC51 in black (only color) Ducati 1198 pearl white. RC 51 sounds so much better than the Duc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112