Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which would you steal? CAR SHOW pics, 1930s-50s

Tommy Fedora

One of the Regulars
The 50 Olds 88 brings back memories of when I was a young boy and my dad bought a new (used bomb) car every six months, or until it died which wasn't much longer. Lots a fun for a car-nut kid and his brother.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I know I don't care to tackle this one.

Picture-7.jpg

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
I am partial to that '39 Chrysler Royal.

My first car was a 1949 Chrysler Royal; she was a big heavy dark green thing, if I had put turret guns on top, she would have passed for a tank.

She was so heavy I could drive her in a blizzard without snow tires and there would be no one on the road but me and a few VW's.

She had mohair seats and was semi-automatic. Those cars were made to run forever.

karol

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Tough!

My, that dark red ’40 Ford is a nice little number. I think if I had the cash, I’d buy the ’40 Ford… or, the ’33 Cabriolet… but, I know those go for at least $75,000.00+ because so many idiots hot rod them.

But, deep down purrs a MoPar power plant… I’d have to go with the ’39 Chrysler Royal.

FM~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic