Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which would you steal? CAR SHOW pics, 1930s-50s

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
"I wanted to take the wheel, cut out, and never come back..." - philosopher Amos Milburn

Went to this year's car show at lunch hour today. Both interested coworkers said they had work to finish up & bailed (LLLOSERS! if you're reading this) so went solo, "strictly business" mode, all about taking pictures...

Had an old fellow in a wheelchair come up & say, "You move about with a manner of intent like you were in the military." Turned out he was a Vet; mentioned I just got & started watching Band of Brothers; great conversation, a whole group of us. Though ended up doing more talking than clicking, not as many car pics this time (sorry)

Make a choice: move fast, police station a few blocks down...

car07.JPG

car09.JPG

car10.JPG

car11.JPG

car12.JPG

car13.JPG

car17.JPG

car18.JPG

car19.JPG

car21.JPG

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family

car53.JPG

My new laptop background: REAL "gangster"- still has Rico's hit-list on the passenger seat.

car54.JPG

car55.JPG

car56.JPG

"Rocket 88", inspiration for the first rock record:

car57.JPG

car58.JPG

car60.JPG

car61.JPG

car63.JPG

car65.JPG

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family

car01.JPG

car03.JPG

car04.JPG

car06.JPG

Didn't even make it to shooting many 1950s cars this time. More 70s cars; some actually look real good in showroom condition. Kept making me think of blacksploitation movies & Curtis Mayfield. Wakka-chikka...

vonwotan

Practically Family
1960 Jag XK150 and 1933 Forb Cabriolet - that's a tough choice but I might lean more towards the Jag since we grew up with an XJ12 L.

Flivver

Practically Family
They're ALL great! But if I had to choose, I'd take that '50 Olds 88. That was the second year with the 303 cid Rocket V8...arguably one of the first muscle cars.

As a kid I loved these because of that "Futuramic" designation on the rear fender. I didn't know what it meant but it SOUNDED exciting.

As the ad for this one said..."Make a date with a Rocket Eight!"

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Well, they're all great. I have to say, tho, that even tho I'm a big fan of those old straight 8 Buicks, especially the '41, there's something about that 1939 Buick that makes me wince. I just can't look a '39 Buick in the eye.
But oh, boy. ANY of the rest!

Jay

Practically Family
I like both the 39 Buick Sedan and the 40 Ford Coupe equally. I think I'll just have to take 'em both.

Jay

Practically Family
Just realized I forgot last nite. Thanks a lot CH! Clear pictures inside and out. I tried that at a carshow on Saturday and they all came out below average. Thank you for taking the time and keeping a steady hand!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters