Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whirling Turban

RetroQueen

Familiar Face
LawnFlamingo said:
It takes them a few days to respond. When I sent in my order with my measurements, I think it was maybe a week to hear from them. If you don't hear anything by this coming friday, I'd email them again.

They're a small company and sometimes they get backed up depending on what events are coming up. For instance there is a big rockabilly weekender coming up in October, and that is a giant market for them, so I bet they're clogged with gals ordering dresses for the event. (I ordered a dress from them 2 months before "Viva las Vegas", which is a big music weekender and she said that she gets SWAMPED a few months before it every year.)

Ugh...I forgot about the Rockabilly Rave. And I wanted to have my dress done by October for my 20 year high school reunion. It is a week after the Rockabilly Rave. And here I thought it would be a good time to order because VLV has already passed. :eusa_doh: I hope they can do it for me.

lyburnum

Practically Family
I submitted a request for a wedding dress twice and they never got back to me. Put me off them entirely, as a week or two I can understand, but no reply at all? With two requests?

LawnFlamingo

Familiar Face
Well, it's only August... you've got about 2 months, I'm sure it'll work out. They are really good with getting things to you in time if you need it by a certain date. When you hear back from them, just mention when your event is. Every time I've ever dealt with them, they've been nothing less than excellent.

Don't worry! I'm sure you'll get it in time!

artful dodgette

One of the Regulars
lyburnum said:
I submitted a request for a wedding dress twice and they never got back to me. Put me off them entirely, as a week or two I can understand, but no reply at all? With two requests?

aw, im really surprised at this, ive had two dresses from them and they've always been great on contacting me, maybe it was fate as your dress you made sounds gorgeous!;)

RetroQueen

Familiar Face
I was getting a little impatient...so I tried emailing them today again, and I also tried to send them a message through eBay. Still no response. It is a little disconcerting that they have not responded yet, I would be ok with it even if they had just said something simple like they received my information and are working on it. Plus, they don't have a phone number listed on their website, so for all I know my emails are getting lost in the ether somewhere... [huh] I don't have a spam blocker, so if they had emailed me I would have gotten it. Does anyone know if they have a contact phone number?

I know they are supposed to be a good company, and they make beautiful clothing, and I understand that it may take them a month or two to make a dress, which is why I am trying to contact them now. But I was hoping that they would respond to my inquiry a little bit faster. :( Other smaller companies that I have worked with in the past have responded much faster to inquiries...which is why I am a bit surprised by the delay. Maybe I am just spoiled. LOL! :rolleyes:

Yikes I feel ike a spy!!!

HEY YOU GUYS!

This is Katherine from Whirlingturban! I'm here at 10 pm in Bali- you guys are probably sleeping (?) I'm just here listening to NPR on the internet and have a rare moment to indulge in surfing and posting. I just introduced myself over in the Powder Room introductions and someone told me there was a WT thread here!

I don't want you guys to feel uncomfortable saying what's on your mind.;)

RQ (you and I are old buddies by now!) - just want to say if we EVER do not get back to someone, it's due to a cyberspatial glitch! WE ALWAYS ALWAYS answer emails right away; at the most 2 days. Alas, from time to time, emails just get lost. I hate it but it does happen; both incoming and outgoing. We would NEVER EVER do that knowingly!!!!!!

And any of you guys that need an alteration or want to make suggestion/don't like something. Please ALWAYS tell us. We always, always, ALWAYS try to make things right!

I was just not even breathing when I saw this thread- just praying that everybody was *happy*- it was NERVE-WRACKING!

I hope my commenting here isn't construed as "plugging"; I understand that's against the rules.

Anyhow- hi! I hope it's okay if I, in general, hang out sometimes!
XO Katherine/ WT

RetroQueen

Familiar Face
Hi Katherine!!

You all there have been AWESOME!! :eusa_clap And yes, we have become old friends by now...and I think you know that I am not afraid to say what is on my mind. lol! ;)

I should have added to this thread sooner to let everyone know how happy I have been working with you! The ladies at WT have been nothing but accommodating to me and have been so willing to work with me to create a dress that will help me to look great at my 20 year high school reunion. And we are already working on a 2nd dress. ;)

Welcome Katherine!!

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I <3 my WT dress!

I have failed to get any decent pics of it though! (Or rather of me in it!)

Check me out! lol

n632436399_1283402_3058.jpg

I want another one so badly. Let's see how many weddings I have next summer!

RetroQueen

Familiar Face
Fleur De Guerre said:
I <3 my WT dress!

I have failed to get any decent pics of it though! (Or rather of me in it!)

Check me out! lol

n632436399_1283402_3058.jpg

I want another one so badly. Let's see how many weddings I have next summer!

That looks lovely!

Once I get mine I will also post photos.

i really mean it

Fleur you look so amazing. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap It makes me just wanna cry (in a weird girlie hormonal happy kind of way) I love it so much when I get to collaborate with such artistic gals- YOU GUYS are so creative and put things together so amazingly and artistically. You have such a vintage face; right out of '57 Vogue. And look at how great those colors are on you!

And *HI* RQ! Fancy meeting you here- we can't get enough of each other, huh? I can't wait to see a pic of you dolled up in your dots. I know you are going to knock their socks clean off!

Okay I really am quitting now. (I was just being paranoid, re-reading what I had written and trying to remove anything that looked like a "plug"...)

G'nite!

K/wt

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
I have been starring at their site for who knows how long.. and want a dress sooooo BAD!!!! lol

**sigh** I will have one someday... just need a raise! lol

FLEUR!! U look STUNNING!!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

LawnFlamingo

Familiar Face
Hi Katherine!

We briefly met at Viva last year... you were so nice as I bowled you over yapping about how much I love my whirlingturban dress. The cut of the petal bust bodice is so very flattering.

Hey y'all

Hey Lawn Flamingo-

Where is your picture? I wanna see who you are!

I will not be going to VLV this year because I can only afford one trip to the U.S. per year (and even that ain't easy!) and my folks who are 80+ (and I am an only child) haven't had me at home for Christmas in about 5 years. It's gonna mean a lot to them.

So I will be making my annual trip this year at Christmas instead of Easter for VLV.

Do you think there are any events worldwide where as many people put as much energy into their vintage look as they do at VLV? I mean, at VLV people are accoutered all the way down to their vintage luggage. (I am going to miss seeing that!) There may be events with better music and possibly events with more people- don't know about the Rockabilly Rave in England- but is there as much sheer "style action per capita" at any other event of this ilk that you know of??

Very curious if you or anybody knows the answer to this.

Katherine

LawnFlamingo

Familiar Face
Katherine-

Ah! I'll see if I can dig up a picture of my whirlingturban dress. I have a photo of you and I standing in front of your display at Viva, but sadly, I'm wearing a different dress!

RetroQueen

Familiar Face
Here are a couple of pics of me in my Whirlingturban dress. These were taken last night during my 20 year high school reunion:

n1290561212_30144326_9150.jpg

n1290561212_30144328_9711.jpg

n1290561212_30144345_4970.jpg

We all were having a good time! LOL! :cheers1:

RetroQueen

Familiar Face
Here is a photo of my newest dress from Whirlingturban (hair by Stephanie Strowbridge and makeup by Katie Kelley of Studio K Salon inside Scavenger Hunt, Grand Rapids, MI):

n1290561212_30182509_1717.jpg

n1290561212_30182515_2932.jpg

n1290561212_30182517_8344.jpg

StaceFace

One of the Regulars
RetroQueen said:
Here is a photo of my newest dress from Whirlingturban (hair by Stephanie Strowbridge and makeup by Katie Kelley of Studio K Salon inside Scavenger Hunt, Grand Rapids, MI):

n1290561212_30182509_1717.jpg

n1290561212_30182515_2932.jpg

n1290561212_30182517_8344.jpg

:eek: I can't believe how flattering that dress is on you! You look amazing! The hair, being in an updo, really elongates you and looks very nice wih your face shape. :eusa_clap

Now I want one!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
RQ, you look stunning! It's always nice to see a style on someone with a figure like mine. Now, I know it will look good on me, too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner