Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

White Bucks

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
IMG_0431-1.jpg

IMG_0432-1.jpg

IMG_0433-1.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0435-1.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
These aren't the best pics, but they show the style in favour for British men in the mid 1920s. The perfect holiday ensemble: three piece suit, no tie, white shoes. Interestingly, some of them are wearing white shoes, whilst others (possibly who can't afford white shoes) are wearing white plimsolls - one might assume they simply wanted to achieve the look adopted by their mates.

IsleofMan3.jpg

IsleofMan2.jpg

IsleofMan.jpg

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
Red Rubber Soles on Suede Bucks

Are there any shoe repair shops (especially in Southeastern US) that can replace the red rubber soles that are usually found on suede bucks? I have a super older pair of Church's that I have stopped wearing because the heels are so worn down, but the leather is still great. Any advice appreciated - professional shoe repair appears to be a dead art in Western NC.

Boodles

A-List Customer
Are there any shoe repair shops (especially in Southeastern US) that can replace the red rubber soles that are usually found on suede bucks? I have a super older pair of Church's that I have stopped wearing because the heels are so worn down, but the leather is still great. Any advice appreciated - professional shoe repair appears to be a dead art in Western NC.

Hello again MM. This is coming to you from the front porch of our rental at Cataloochee Ranch. I have used a mail order shoe repair several times lately but not for red rubber soles. The website implies that these guys do red rubber. It’s easy to be put off by the prices listed but keep in mind that the price includes two way postage and the work is sort of a recrafting job.. I am really happy with the work these guys have done for me, work on things like older Italian made Cole Haan shoes which seemed to me to be worth saving. BNELSONSHOES.COM

Keep safe, my friend.

Last edited:

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
Hope it is cooler up in Cataloochee than it was in Arden this past weekend! Been awhile since I have been in that part of Haywood County, but I believe Cataloochee Ranch is a good ways down the creek from the "real" Cataloochee Valley. I will give these folks a look - I saw a pair of nice old bucks in a thrift store the other day - way too big for me, but the red sole had obviously been replaced and it looked better than the rubber that usually comes on these shoes. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana