White Bucks

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by Quigley Brown, Apr 12, 2005.

1. KILO NOVEMBER

KILO NOVEMBER Practically Family

2. Dinerman

Dinerman Super Moderator Bartender

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Isshinryu101

Isshinryu101 One Too Many

good ones that need some tlc.

size?

4. Dated Guy

Dated Guy Familiar Face

5. mattfink

mattfink Practically Family

6. Dinerman

Dinerman Super Moderator Bartender

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Two Types

Two Types I'll Lock Up

These aren't the best pics, but they show the style in favour for British men in the mid 1920s. The perfect holiday ensemble: three piece suit, no tie, white shoes. Interestingly, some of them are wearing white shoes, whilst others (possibly who can't afford white shoes) are wearing white plimsolls - one might assume they simply wanted to achieve the look adopted by their mates.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. repeatclicks

repeatclicks Practically Family

How about some rare 1950s White Buck riding boots? Beat that! :D These are for sale, by the way!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Isshinryu101

Isshinryu101 One Too Many

Cool stuff posted by all! NOS boots, vintage pics, all the good stuff. thanks

10. Mountain Man

Mountain Man A-List Customer

Red Rubber Soles on Suede Bucks

Are there any shoe repair shops (especially in Southeastern US) that can replace the red rubber soles that are usually found on suede bucks? I have a super older pair of Church's that I have stopped wearing because the heels are so worn down, but the leather is still great. Any advice appreciated - professional shoe repair appears to be a dead art in Western NC.

11. bl@ster

bl@ster One of the Regulars

I'd like to know this too....

Or perhaps the red soles can be purchased online and taken to the local cobbler?

12. jswindle2

jswindle2 One of the Regulars

It's alive and well in small city Texas.

13. Boodles

Boodles A-List Customer

Hello again MM. This is coming to you from the front porch of our rental at Cataloochee Ranch. I have used a mail order shoe repair several times lately but not for red rubber soles. The website implies that these guys do red rubber. It’s easy to be put off by the prices listed but keep in mind that the price includes two way postage and the work is sort of a recrafting job.. I am really happy with the work these guys have done for me, work on things like older Italian made Cole Haan shoes which seemed to me to be worth saving. BNELSONSHOES.COM

Keep safe, my friend.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  14. Mountain Man

Mountain Man A-List Customer

Hope it is cooler up in Cataloochee than it was in Arden this past weekend! Been awhile since I have been in that part of Haywood County, but I believe Cataloochee Ranch is a good ways down the creek from the "real" Cataloochee Valley. I will give these folks a look - I saw a pair of nice old bucks in a thrift store the other day - way too big for me, but the red sole had obviously been replaced and it looked better than the rubber that usually comes on these shoes. Thanks!