Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

White Bucks

RABowling

New in Town
If this is already posted somewhere, sorry I missed it, but I was wondering about wearing white bucks with navy blue pants. I only have a couple pair of light colored pants but I really like the look of white bucks. Any opinions would be appreciated!

-Ryan

RABowling

New in Town
Yeah, I noticed a few dark slacks up there. I suppose it doesn't matter too much anyway since most folks around here wear pajamas to the store...

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Really? I've heard about that several times but never saw anybody actually doing it. Not even in the areas of town were you'd really expect it to happen.

RABowling

New in Town
Really? I've heard about that several times but never saw anybody actually doing it. Not even in the areas of town were you'd really expect it to happen.

Oh yeah, mostly women, but I've seen some men in pj bottoms. A lot of ragged shorts and tank tops too, but I'm sure that has to do with being next to a vacation lake. I've had several comments from people about looking nice all the time, mostly good, some sarcastic.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I was wondering about wearing white bucks with navy blue pants.
I wear white shoes (bucks or espadrilles) with dark trousers often in summer. I'm sure you've worn blue jeans and white gym shoes before; how'd it look to you?

Jaguar66

A-List Customer
I have a pair of white leather naval officers' shoes which I wear as if bucks. Much easier to keep clean!

While white Naval Officer shoes are easier to keep clean, those of us that were in the Navy can tell immediately that they are in reality military shoes. True white bucs, made of white buckskin, with the reddish rubber soles, are much more distinguished looking, IMO.

Edward

Bartender
While white Naval Officer shoes are easier to keep clean, those of us that were in the Navy can tell immediately that they are in reality military shoes. True white bucs, made of white buckskin, with the reddish rubber soles, are much more distinguished looking, IMO.

Oh, I'm sure they are obvious to anyone who has been in that arm of the military, but that doesn't bother me. I'll consider bucks as another alternative if and when I can find some that can cope with the dirt of city life!

Jaguar66

A-List Customer
I'm not sure that rubber soles would be a defining feature...... common, yes....... but defining?

Distinguishing, not defining. The white sole shoes, are a distinguishing feature of military shoes, and red soles are a distinguishing feature of white bucs.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
.....red soles are a distinguishing feature of white bucs.
Then what do you call these leather soled classics......

145H_enlarged.jpg

...that were worn before the brick red rubber sole was introduced.

Mcninch-Mahoney-Willis-Frank.jpg

Mahoney-Willis-White-House.jpg

The white sole shoes, are a distinguishing feature of military shoes
But...........

Pomerene-Atlee.jpg

Black-White-House-Sen.jpg

Jaguar66

A-List Customer
Then what do you call these leather soled classics......

145H_enlarged.jpg

...that were worn before the brick red rubber sole was introduced.

I would call these white leather wing tips, not white bucks.

Here is a picture of white wingtip oxfords with red soles.http://www.amazon.com/Johnston-Murphy-Brennan-Wing-Tip-Oxford/dp/B0043TUWY8/ref=pd_sbs_shoe_3

I would call these white bucshttp://www.amazon.com/Mens-Classic-White-Buck-Shoe/dp/B000A36R4U

Here is a collection of buck shoes (including white bucks) in different colors by different shoe stores. http://www.valetmag.com/style/profiles-features/2010/outlook-spring-classic-shoe.php

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ