Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

White Bucks

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
P1070556.jpg

Edward

Bartender
I mostly wear leather/leather co-respondents in Summer, though this year I have added an extra couple of alternatives. I have gone with white leather as it is that much easier to keep clean. One pair, which I plan to wear out for the first time tomorrow, is actually a pair of British, white, naval officer's shoes:

LargeImage.aspx

The soles are leather with a rubber over-piece on the heel and a rubber panel in the front of the sole, obviously designed for giving grip when on the wet deck of a ship while in dress uniform.

The other, a pair of traditional white / black saddle shoes (should be arriving tomorrw, but I'll probably not have them until next week due to the additional bank holiday):

7_2.jpg

Retroshu.com make these to order with either leather or rubber soles (I have opted for rubber), in a mind boggling range of colour options. If happy with these and as and when I can afford it, I might well pick up a few more pairs with differing saddle colours (red, blue and brown being possibilities).

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Isshi has just sent me some buck bags. Can anyone tell me how to apply the stuff to some bucks I have? Do I just push the bags against the buck or wet it or what?

Chrome

One of the Regulars
Bass-Brockton.jpg

Very affordable Bass Brocktons, have to start somewhere. Already I have started really watch where to step or put my legs, first black spot came from my cars brake pedal.

flyfishark

Practically Family
Nice site, but DON'T navigate to it from work unless you mute your speakers first. My co-workers just had a nice laugh at my expense when they heard the opening strains of "The Blues Don't Mean a Thing..." lol

BTW...these are stunning!

I sold these...the heel was way too big for me. By the way, I'm originally from just north of Bloomington--anywhere near you? Finally, why is it so many people love white bucks--including me--but I can't sell these white Florsheim pebble grains for the life of me? Bring to mind nobby knees, plaid shorts, striped shirt, and black knee socks, or what??
16tdll.jpg

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I'm wearing a pair of Cole Haan white bucks for the second time today. They've managed to get themselves nicely scuffed up already with very little effort. But they're well built, very comfortable and very light, which is nice on a blistering hot day like today in New York.

flyfishark

Practically Family
I have white bucks and white pebble grain (Florsheim). I wear them both extensively--along with black/white & brown/white gunboats, and brown/white AristoCraft kiltie tassel brogues. In fact, I'm not in much else during the summer.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
White bucks of D.C in the Golden Age

I stumbled across a web site the other day with bunches of pics from the Golden Age. As soon as I remember its name I'll share it ( :eusa_doh: )
But in the mean time I want to share these great pics of US Senators, Congressmen, and maybe a cabinet member or two down in Washington DC, during the Golden Era. I believe that most of these shots are either from 1919 or 1937. You can pretty much tell by looking at them. But the actual style of wearing those nice summer weight outfits didn't change much during that time period. There are few if any searsucker suits, but a lot of linen. And several dark (presumably blue) blazers with what looks like striped trousers. And at least one really flamboyant bit of neck wear. I have been staring at these photos for the last couple days. The common denominator, of course, is they're all sporting white bucks. They're so cool.
Spencer-Selden-P.jpg

Senator-Black.jpg

Representative-Washington-Hamilton-18971899.jpg

Pomerene-Atlee.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points