Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

White Bucks

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
repeatclicks said:
http://www.oldwoogies.com/

Everything here is top notch.

Oh no!!!! The secret is out!!!!!!!

Seriously though, old woogies is one of my favorite sites to shop on the internet. I have 4 of their cable knit t-shirts and the quality is comparable to the Geronimo reproductions from years past.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Looks like great stuff. I do have to ask though, ifhtey can make bucks, why, oh why, can't they make spectators with buck? I see so many great repros including Allen Edmunds, tht I can't help but think would look so much better with cream or ivory leather, or even better yet, neubuck. I just don't di the stark white so much. Is it just me?

repeatclicks

Practically Family
resortes805 said:
Oh no!!!! The secret is out!!!!!!!

Seriously though, old woogies is one of my favorite sites to shop on the internet. I have 4 of their cable knit t-shirts and the quality is comparable to the Geronimo reproductions from years past.

I know, I debated letting the secret out! He only ships via UPS Express, and just for the shoes to go from Italy to London with shipping is costing me $225. Because Im in the EU, I wont have to pay customs fees, but you chaps in the States will get hit pretty hard. Id expect to pay close to $300 when its all said and done, in which you could get a good pair stateside.

Geronimo had some new knits up at Rhythm Riot this year, one had a jumping swordfish on it, but unfortunately the graphic was screenprinted instead of knitted.

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
repeatclicks said:
I know, I debated letting the secret out! He only ships via UPS Express, and just for the shoes to go from Italy to London with shipping is costing me $225. Because Im in the EU, I wont have to pay customs fees, but you chaps in the States will get hit pretty hard. Id expect to pay close to $300 when its all said and done, in which you could get a good pair stateside.

Geronimo had some new knits up at Rhythm Riot this year, one had a jumping swordfish on it, but unfortunately the graphic was screenprinted instead of knitted.

Hey, you were at the Rhythm Riot last weekend? It was my first visit there, loved it, really great, relaxed atmosphere.. I saw that swordfish-jumper and kicked myself this morning for not buying one until I saw this posting: I ordered two jumpers at Angelo's tonight and a pair of shoes to boot (not the white bucks, allready got a pair with leather-soles, not as nice as the woogies though..)

I wonder if we saw eachother in Camber.. lots of cool cats and kittens at the festival..

Thanks for the link!!

volatile

A-List Customer
djgo-cat-go said:
Hey, you were at the Rhythm Riot last weekend? It was my first visit there, loved it, really great, relaxed atmosphere.. I saw that swordfish-jumper and kicked myself this morning for not buying one until I saw this posting: I ordered two jumpers at Angelo's tonight and a pair of shoes to boot (not the white bucks, allready got a pair with leather-soles, not as nice as the woogies though..)

I wonder if we saw eachother in Camber.. lots of cool cats and kittens at the festival..

Thanks for the link!!

Damn, sounds like I missed all the fun!

What's this swordfish jumper of which you speak? :)

repeatclicks

Practically Family
djgo-cat-go said:

Thanks for the link!!

Yeah man I think I did see you there! Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself! It was my first visit there as well. We will definitely be back next year!

I almost bought the swordfish jumper, but the screenprinting really put me off. Geronimo will keep putting out cool stuff though, so no worries.

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
repeatclicks said:
Yeah man I think I did see you there! Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself! It was my first visit there as well. We will definitely be back next year!

I almost bought the swordfish jumper, but the screenprinting really put me off. Geronimo will keep putting out cool stuff though, so no worries.

Well, I guess we will meet in a year then!! so we can show off our shoes lol I know what you mean by that screenprinting thing, that's probably what held me back.. I always felt knits and prints don't really go together, but luckily you pointed out the Old Woogies and I instantaniously ordered a rodeo-jumper :p cheers man!

repeatclicks

Practically Family
I know, thats the one I want too. Im hoping to have a few extra pennies somewhere down the road. I just bought another deadstock shirt (red with white piping), and the shoes, so my 'fun' bank account is empty at the moment.

Feraud

Bartender
Spring is officially here as I spied a guy wearing white bucks yesterday.
Unlike jeans and leather bucks do not look good when when filthy and worn out..

mattfink

Practically Family
repeatclicks said:

Detroit? Where are you staying in Detroit? I think I might know who you are. Anyhow, we never get hit with customs unless you ship through the regular post office. Even then it's pretty rare.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Feraud said:
Spring is officially here as I spied a guy wearing white bucks yesterday.
Unlike jeans and leather bucks do not look good when when filthy and worn out..

I have a two pairs of Johnston & Murphys that I bought nearly ten years ago. One I wear fairly frequently in season and I find that they clean up easily. The other pair is sort of in the 'vault' so to speak. I see that Bass has a couple of nice reasonably-priced models........:)

boushi_mania

One of the Regulars
Quigley Brown said:
I have a two pairs of Johnston & Murphys that I bought nearly ten years ago. One I wear fairly frequently in season and I find that they clean up easily. The other pair is sort of in the 'vault' so to speak. I see that Bass has a couple of nice reasonably-priced models........:)
I wonder if there's any difference between those two Bass models besides the soles. The less expensive one comes in a wider width...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy