Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

White Bucks

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
If they are indeed suede, not nubuck, I have had a lot of success with a suede cleaning kit, which consisted of a 2 sided "eraser" and a small stiff, nylon bristle brush.
The "eraser" has a pink side and a white side, you simply rub away the marks, and then re-brush the area to set the knap again. I have a pair of Hush Puppies in a color they call "Stardust". I had bunged them up quite a bit at a bachelor party, and this procedure did an admirable job. The scuff from asphault is still noticable, at least by me, but they are presentable at least.
Good luck sir!

EDIT:
Link for you:
http://www.kiwishoeproducts.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=79

Mary

Practically Family
These are some goodlooking shoes!

Would you tell me a little about their history?

Karol, are you a woman and where did you buy your bucks?!

Marie

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Florsheim's $4:

DSC_0005-1.jpg

Top Hat

New in Town
Shoe swap?

HarpPlayerGene said:
Noooo, 9 or 9-1/2 usually. You can still be jealous though, because I have a narrow aspect and with different socks I've made everything from roomy 8-1/2s to ordinary 10s work. :)

I am usually a 9.5 B - getting harder to find. Once in a while I take a chance on shoes I like, but aren't quite my size and am disappointed. Wouldn't this site be great for a shoe exchange? I have yet to post photos of my favorite shoes in my closet. I very nearly have as many as my wife! Most are Allen Edmonds, who kindly still makes shoes for the narrow foot. I suppose top on my list are my AE Hampsteads, my Broadstreets (chestnut and white, and black and white) and many cap toe varieties...

Mike K.

One Too Many
Well, for those north of the Mason-Dixon line your season to wear white bucks is nearly over. Lucky for the rest of us down south that we get at least one more month. :D

Regardless of where you live, there seems to be two groups of white buck wearers - those who love the dirtied-up look, and those who prefer to keep 'em clean and white. I happen to fall into the latter group, so I thought I'd share with everyone a nice product that I just picked up.

To keep your white bucks their absolute brightest and whitest, there are a number of tricks including the old chalk bag and the magic eraser. For those who haven't yet discovered it, here is another...

Lincoln White Buck and Suede Dressing
hwbsd.jpg

Unlike most white shoe care products (meant for smooth leather), this one is purposely made for suede and nubuck. It's a zinc sulfide suspension that goes on with a dauber. I can personally attest that it does not ruin the suede by causing it to wax down. The stuff dries in a matter of minutes, you dust off the residual powder, and are left with the brightest white bucks. Just like new. My oxfords happened to be an ivory color when new and recently I decided that I wanted them a bright white instead. The Lincoln white dressing did the trick.
Here's where to find it online:
http://www.peasandcornco.com/shoeandleathercare/lincoln.asp

repeatclicks

Practically Family
The nicest 'Bucs Ive come across yet...

Have a look at these Italian beauties. None of that heavy red rubber sole nonsense, just pure craftmanship at 120 euros a pair. Im ordering mine tomorrow!

Hollywood_big.jpg

Any experience ordering from them? There's some way-cool stuff there, for sure, so thanks for hipping me to it.

About all that has me hesitating is that I don't know what to expect from an unfamiliar online source, especially an overseas one. (Well, there's also that little thing called a household budget. And the preservation of domestic tranquility.)

repeatclicks

Practically Family
tonyb said:
Any experience ordering from them? There's some way-cool stuff there, for sure, so thanks for hipping me to it.

About all that has me hesitating is that I don't know what to expect from an unfamiliar online source, especially an overseas one. (Well, there's also that little thing called a household budget. And the preservation of domestic tranquility.)

Rest assured, Angelo (the chap who runs Old Woogies) is a solid guy. Robin, who runs Rhythm Riot here in the UK, as well as Maddys Jiving School has many pairs of shoes from him, and dances in them regularly both in his classes and out and about. He recommended them to me. They are all made in Italy and shipped via UPS. Mine should be here this week, so Ill take photos and let you know how it goes.

Cool.

I was looking at the trousers. Seems like a decent price for what looks to my admittedly inexpert eye a handsome and close to accurate reproduction of the pants I could spend countless hours and Lord only knows how much money hunting down and then purchasing from a vintage clothing seller. (Old pants in good condition are hard to find, especially for us long-legged types.)

I think I have the sizing figured out. (Oh, the challenges of online shopping.)

Thanks again. Looks like a great resource. I wish them success.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch