Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

White RAF Roll Neck Sweaters

Cocker

Practically Family
Something weird happened... As it's getting pretty frisky during the morning here, I took my sweater out of the closet yesterday evening, when preparing my clothes for today. And believe it or not, there was a hole in it, about 15/20cm under the neck, on the front.

I only wore it for a couple minutes when I received it, and stored it carefully folded in my closet, and now there is hole in it?! I really don't know how this could have happened, but I must say I'm pretty disappointed. The fiber looked almost like it snapped, like it was stretched heavilly. Well, since Outdoor Knitwear has what apepars to be a nice after sale service, I contacted them and will see what can be done about it.

Has anyone experienced something similar??

Cocker

Practically Family
Don't think so. We have cedar balls in our closet, and, apparently, none of the other clothes that were in there were touched. As I said, it's almost as if someone had pinched the sweat on this precise spot, and pulled as hard as he could to rip the fibers. [huh]

Cocker

Practically Family
Update: After contacting Outdoor Knitwear by email, they answered me a few minutes ago. They asked me to send the sweater back, they will try to repair it, and if the mend still looks slightly visible, they will send me a new one, free of charge.

I have to say that I have never seen such an amazing customer service!

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
Update: After contacting Outdoor Knitwear by email, they answered me a few minutes ago. They asked me to send the sweater back, they will try to repair it, and if the mend still looks slightly visible, they will send me a new one, free of charge.

Sorry to hear about the problem with your sweater. I am sure they will sort it out ok. It may have been an accident in the factory perhaps.

No. Wool sweaters can perfectly successfully be washed by hand or in a machine on a wool wash setting (admittedly not in one of those godawful American central agitator monstrosities). All my sweaters - vintage civilian and military - got through the machine. no shrinkage yet!

Hi

Wool HAS TO BE DRY CLEANED. Do not wash it in the washing machine!!! If you do, it will fit a 3 year old.

Later

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many

Have you had the problem with your sweater sorted out ok yet?

Cocker

Practically Family
Hello folks!

Sorry for not coming back here sooner! Yes indeed, the deal was quickly sealed with OK. Apparently it was not possible to do any repair, so then sent me back a new one that I'm VERY happy with! Once again, I cannot stress how much the customer service was top notch.

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
Hello folks!

Sorry for not coming back here sooner! Yes indeed, the deal was quickly sealed with OK. Apparently it was not possible to do any repair, so then sent me back a new one that I'm VERY happy with! Once again, I cannot stress how much the customer service was top notch.

Very glad to hear that the problem was sorted out fine and you are happy with the new sweater and the service from Outdoor Knitwear. Enjoy the sweater, you will no doubt need it if the weather where you are is anything like it is here in the UK.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I have a cream RAF one from ELC / Heritage Preservation & absolutely adore it. In fact wearing it now to deal with the arctic weather we've been having!

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Just ordered a navy sub sweater from Outdoor. Looking forward to get it.

I've got two jumpers from Outdoor Knitwear Søren, a woolly-pully one and their "Das Boot" one and they are beautifully made. They were a joy to deal with actually as well. Interested to see what their submarine job is like as I've been eyeing one up for the upcoming winter. So we need pics and the big Danish chap's eagle-eyed review ;)

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
I've got two jumpers from Outdoor Knitwear Søren, a woolly-pully one and their "Das Boot" one and they are beautifully made. They were a joy to deal with actually as well. Interested to see what their submarine job is like as I've been eyeing one up for the upcoming winter. So we need pics and the big Danish chap's eagle-eyed review ;)

I have bought a number of jumpers from outdoor knitwear, you are correct, they are very well made and good to deal with.:)

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
If I like what I get from them, I'll post a review and (maybe) even some pics - and I will also buy a white Sub Sweater.
My Ace Cafe has had a lot of use lately - so a substitute might come in handy.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Wow - I just got a parcel from Outdoor Knitwear.
#1: Fast shipping!

Tore it open and enjoyed the smell of wool!!!
Out came a fantastic sweater. In the right deep dark navy color . The knitting is tight and appears very solid.
#2: Great first impression!

Now I am wearing it. The fit is spot on. I hate it when a sweater feels too tight, but this one has a tight fit without being too tight.
It's a long sweater so it goes down and covers your bum - or almost. Which is quite nice.
The sleeves are spot on in size too - and the cuffs can be worn turned up or down - for nice wrist/hand warmers.
Although it's a "heavy" sweater it's comfortable to wear and feels very soft, warm and snug.
#3: Great fit and super quality.

A quick look at the invoice. Not bad at all for that quality!!!! Absolutely a fair price.
Not cheap - but quality has it's price. And this is a fair price - even cheaper than similar danish sweaters!!!!
#4: Price and quality holds up!

Being my size it's always a problem finding the clothe you like. Not finding it - that's easy enough. But it seldom comes in the larger sizes.
I am thrilled that the Outdoor Knitwear Sub sweater comes in many sizes and mine is not even the largest!!!!!
#5: Outddor Knitwear offers many different sizes - even very large (XXXXL) ones for "real men". And it's the same price no matter the size. Nice touch.

And what now? I have ordered the sub in white!!!:eusa_clap

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Great to hear you got a good 'un Søren. That's endorsement enough for me, I'll be getting one from them now - and just in time for winter ;)

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
Wow - I just got a parcel from Outdoor Knitwear.
#1: Fast shipping!

Tore it open and enjoyed the smell of wool!!!
Out came a fantastic sweater. In the right deep dark navy color . The knitting is tight and appears very solid.
#2: Great first impression!

Now I am wearing it. The fit is spot on. I hate it when a sweater feels too tight, but this one has a tight fit without being too tight.
It's a long sweater so it goes down and covers your bum - or almost. Which is quite nice.
The sleeves are spot on in size too - and the cuffs can be worn turned up or down - for nice wrist/hand warmers.
Although it's a "heavy" sweater it's comfortable to wear and feels very soft, warm and snug.
#3: Great fit and super quality.

A quick look at the invoice. Not bad at all for that quality!!!! Absolutely a fair price.
Not cheap - but quality has it's price. And this is a fair price - even cheaper than similar danish sweaters!!!!
#4: Price and quality holds up!

Being my size it's always a problem finding the clothe you like. Not finding it - that's easy enough. But it seldom comes in the larger sizes.
I am thrilled that the Outdoor Knitwear Sub sweater comes in many sizes and mine is not even the largest!!!!!
#5: Outddor Knitwear offers many different sizes - even very large (XXXXL) ones for "real men". And it's the same price no matter the size. Nice touch.

And what now? I have ordered the sub in white!!!:eusa_clap

This is a great posting about your new sweater, a very positive revue, (perhaps you should do their publicity). I am glad all is well with the sweater, their products, services and prices are all excellent, enjoy it and the white one you are going to get too. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR