Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who’s going to pick up this Himel Bros?

Rich22

Practically Family
Easy to do alone, really not a problem.
It doesn't look super distinguished, and it will mess your hair up, but it's not like you need two people helping you and a shoehorn.
Having never in my life seen one in the wild, as a I imagine most haven't, all we can do is look at it and apply logic, before someone lets us know their first hand experiences. In my mind's eye I could see the process looking something like the one you get with international rugby jerseys, that require one or two exceptionally strong human beings to utilise a good proportion of their strength to shoehorn you into. o_O

That would make for a very interesting stretching exercise to get it on or off. Not to my taste or color choice, but it will fit someone I am sure.

He does have a lot of other nice, more "traditional" styles on there - the Size 44 Imperial is really an awesome jacket, but my offer at even 50% of that price would be out of reach for me right now, and it probably would not please Dave very much...

https://himelbros.com/collections/ready-to-wear/products/imperial-size-44-black-shinki-horsehide
This is odd because it measures like his stock 40” but carries a 44” tag. I had this same experience at Mildblend trying on the heron. It was tagged a 44” but seemed to have similar measurements. Tiny shoulder, short sleeve and very wide body. The Frobisher is gorgeous. Super elegant design. Probably the cleanest Halfbelt one can buy. He nails the collar. I’d love one. Would have to be a combination of a size 42”, 46” and 50”!

Edward

Bartender
I'm very much not a fan of the lace-up shirt type, too hippy for me. The one in the OP, however, I very much like. I could totally see wearing something like that on a 20s style bike with wide-thigh jodhpurs and knee-high boots... That said, it's exactly the sort of alternative jacket that I could only see buying from a much more budget supplier like Wested or similar. I'm sure the Himel product is outstanding, but knowing I would get less wear out of something like this than a 'regular' jacket does sadly mean that a premium price doesn't make as much sense here. Now, if ever a lotto win big enough that I no longer need to look at price tags before saying yes comes in.....

I really do like this design, it's got something really retro-futurist about it that appeals to me.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
It's a weird mashup. DH realized he's never going to get his price so he invited bids. Not for me, but considering it is a unique piece I think a fair bid would be $1,200.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Classic Taubers-not easy to get on/off even with side zips

e_9n0nEGuOoG2JN5Dqpx9_4SZQ8ZGujHe7SfZJkgWMkyaiYfTkcPMbdpf2CNWAxsrQtsewSHEMLTZOrwAIAJmJpYt-SdlS2uwbrdIQo-7WUyjQC6AqgTO4BNiw6zxFpLsrogAR2u-4M0-jEe08sANiaVa3-HPyCjAcSPW5QRfP_MdFMFBQLa1PIcg1CT6QUSymFbsC5eR6KQvgvSKMpAdcBoyvv_Eo_Vc3T2He9NgsZVhNlFQOQP2hb4w2Hu1nR6KKSLKhisx-kqOgByygPPDHPDYPUwuGgr7zLvHEgodaUcDM3bNa56SnipmkZrM-GN4kJyA6kjfQHTEwLYVLznEuKIto0WalmJ7J8YApcZgttyt3ovaBzEqpbFWj2k7mfQgj9qFR-Yb_9hclSK1P36Ziit_9euN-joHi2SP_tpoi9vuEdF8q54XXxMIRT8o5RqhWrizUEjXIkRPatp8b3Txgxo87sUoKN8LZ6dKXrFK8BBXSqJterZhr1776o_3x1VpSwxIBCfFVEGiXOLlb0T0jUAixKYc3WRX7Zj_j63dc9fraVOfxCRxgLRpFalQ0kcjrcQ0slOfxqYiVVg7AfCHEGbt9k0oaVdwEWw57LOP87Bu8vROvhA_pHNRzA0TIa5pbc3hCLq3nocrJGGEoUfiqLnZ03MxZCEBKHNz3pREC3rjenNsaHTIl4poGTxTroTK_6T4yZJFNHnLt2GsnqB6Vqo=w1012-h672-no

VuUrA4K8XLY_Ft0ftagcQFUg19gx20pSnq5kuFob29JX0JDYuZM8ohoYTBh4QbYf0ydGvtXS3K-Fp5UJxk6wFHFLDSUCKxPZECbr-ZeWOB1PC4Z8IezAVdCZOLnSQ4m4jnDOLJxhcToIKo0FAhNQDj-XvW3EwxMxY6wMOz1ZO05Q2Lh5l7NHROkO3UovLyIMN_nSBvMdesTYMSgEPy6pXxr8Kh1etiprrJKxp7yMCw7H45Efzj2DoyvCyOSXivMHxZo4ukPmmYQq1nhKdpa0S6sGx-1zyJOsGPxqLtkG45mvb161Gv54rBVu9JYFP_UgI3svdzCvDQ1icQ2Mk6RusvwIQC1TzlGyZ7-yglAiUdwj2Mzcly_84B7zwvBHk18KFgskkK933pAhwDeqqkZweQ2WYd-jJP8Np9B6h6wQNbOZ3PsYukA441Y2N9TjV6Or0YL0042u3bOT0BaQ0wbF5_6ZLAZFEnowLo8_Ge-2t7Hdx3YP_w-JVg5yiCryoKofUlVFTANyh7p9p-ArLf8klSgrqxn1ldfUyrlfSTzygLASi7U-psuSrLwBHBQLIWmR6FKlUeaV8qqqzS3Sk734mTj4vXFOony9nB05YmFJ4N_H0apJZBfQTsEnMieICqzlrnfL7uvVcm7m67n5cqp_gIXX-kVE8Kb670gVO7i70YyGxi6wNdvt9k2ARBho1Xvnwp3WjATGmw3rCoBCVsYN-joF=w950-h672-no

rCjSmwkFOP21ZAA6KLGLk2VHe7hDe6YSfdx1rZ256hRwHAYQgvd_A1cuF_AmxUW8thSB5qsLWWKN4K_dMuqhzHmXzG56Tb-mMA_B6_5MFKy74VnolyzosaMLI2F_K6JSIu3tAg_x2Xvk-rbhvRfhs2WqVpTv0gC5pxdCCU8-6d5v-zCbCEyvWEaDJQEUsQ-hS4T3cd2BCYPBM29VNoLBnIdAstHjmn3e59kbV9NSRRrwtHTvLxiyKqY5B-OoGsZysdMB18PN6tdrb-Z9LzXkJb5W9O0Db9cgZub1EbHHXVUJuvEL9KQ0MSDpNJ6Lx1QK3X6vUrQ05aGFvu0-k5xUQl1G65LSrsYpr86-0192F6e_0i25Ev-UdqcTy1L_fqbLD_AvEphIe8yKVwFYtO5w2fklUANU6R7ul1Pv6eigCl0LLdpKaU3s7a4RiXZ7QV0h25G0h1vGs4ceTzdZas15cvQ2dMK3KygZfdfbanzAWwBCpXifRBHxE5cOiYs6a1AoUNgN1MoZGW2d3YAdqcQCXPIw1_voFa_mxmrAzYzak7FWePfwee5PKNdaC3QFcWfXxzekUdT4cMenjEH_AoWc9N-4o_hs_Kof7XHt8ttyx1USQdkB-pN0OgCW4H7J2KMvIpFShtM-SD8oNLNywFJWDAPjXnkbbcExD-iUBADVyGhjZ-XqvIehkKXGofRodm3A5L2AsZIyccAXcv6cswaZH0CO=w1012-h672-no

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I got one from the Classifieds here. Thanks to jonbuilder. My first and only Himel.

It was made for someone at least two inches taller and 20 lbs heavier than me. But it feels restrictive the same time it feels too roomy. The leather is really good stuff though. Construction was meh. Design is super cool, but the pattern is not a good fit with my body. It's too expensive for what it is.
@Will Zach I also tried to make an offer to one of Himel's crosszip jackets last time he had the sale. I basically offered the new price of an Aero jacket, about 1200 dollars, but I was shot down.

Himel Arrowhead Fit 00.jpg

The zippers at the neck opening can cause some damage to the face when taking the jacket off. Laces over short zipper for sure. If zipper then it better go all the way down. This Himel shirt jacket is super cool, but it never gets worn.

IMG_6634.jpg

I got one from the Classifieds here. Thanks to jonbuilder. My first and only Himel.

It was made for someone at least two inches taller and 20 lbs heavier than me. But it feels restrictive the same time it feels too roomy. The leather is really good stuff though. Construction was meh. Design is super cool, but the pattern is not a good fit with my body. It's too expensive for what it is.
@Will Zach I also tried to make an offer to one of Himel's crosszip jackets last time he had the sale. I basically offered the new price of an Aero jacket, about 1200 dollars, but I was shot down.

View attachment 366078

The zippers at the neck opening can cause some damage to the face when taking the jacket off. Laces over short zipper for sure. If zipper then it better go all the way down. This Himel shirt jacket is super cool, but it never gets worn.

View attachment 366079
I recall a similar shirt jacket sold by Levi’s and worn by Hugh Jackman in some 90’s film.

View attachment 366078

View attachment 366079
I recall a similar shirt jacket sold by Levi’s and worn by Hugh Jackman in some 90’s film.
Classic Taubers-not easy to get on/off even with side zips

e_9n0nEGuOoG2JN5Dqpx9_4SZQ8ZGujHe7SfZJkgWMkyaiYfTkcPMbdpf2CNWAxsrQtsewSHEMLTZOrwAIAJmJpYt-SdlS2uwbrdIQo-7WUyjQC6AqgTO4BNiw6zxFpLsrogAR2u-4M0-jEe08sANiaVa3-HPyCjAcSPW5QRfP_MdFMFBQLa1PIcg1CT6QUSymFbsC5eR6KQvgvSKMpAdcBoyvv_Eo_Vc3T2He9NgsZVhNlFQOQP2hb4w2Hu1nR6KKSLKhisx-kqOgByygPPDHPDYPUwuGgr7zLvHEgodaUcDM3bNa56SnipmkZrM-GN4kJyA6kjfQHTEwLYVLznEuKIto0WalmJ7J8YApcZgttyt3ovaBzEqpbFWj2k7mfQgj9qFR-Yb_9hclSK1P36Ziit_9euN-joHi2SP_tpoi9vuEdF8q54XXxMIRT8o5RqhWrizUEjXIkRPatp8b3Txgxo87sUoKN8LZ6dKXrFK8BBXSqJterZhr1776o_3x1VpSwxIBCfFVEGiXOLlb0T0jUAixKYc3WRX7Zj_j63dc9fraVOfxCRxgLRpFalQ0kcjrcQ0slOfxqYiVVg7AfCHEGbt9k0oaVdwEWw57LOP87Bu8vROvhA_pHNRzA0TIa5pbc3hCLq3nocrJGGEoUfiqLnZ03MxZCEBKHNz3pREC3rjenNsaHTIl4poGTxTroTK_6T4yZJFNHnLt2GsnqB6Vqo=w1012-h672-no

VuUrA4K8XLY_Ft0ftagcQFUg19gx20pSnq5kuFob29JX0JDYuZM8ohoYTBh4QbYf0ydGvtXS3K-Fp5UJxk6wFHFLDSUCKxPZECbr-ZeWOB1PC4Z8IezAVdCZOLnSQ4m4jnDOLJxhcToIKo0FAhNQDj-XvW3EwxMxY6wMOz1ZO05Q2Lh5l7NHROkO3UovLyIMN_nSBvMdesTYMSgEPy6pXxr8Kh1etiprrJKxp7yMCw7H45Efzj2DoyvCyOSXivMHxZo4ukPmmYQq1nhKdpa0S6sGx-1zyJOsGPxqLtkG45mvb161Gv54rBVu9JYFP_UgI3svdzCvDQ1icQ2Mk6RusvwIQC1TzlGyZ7-yglAiUdwj2Mzcly_84B7zwvBHk18KFgskkK933pAhwDeqqkZweQ2WYd-jJP8Np9B6h6wQNbOZ3PsYukA441Y2N9TjV6Or0YL0042u3bOT0BaQ0wbF5_6ZLAZFEnowLo8_Ge-2t7Hdx3YP_w-JVg5yiCryoKofUlVFTANyh7p9p-ArLf8klSgrqxn1ldfUyrlfSTzygLASi7U-psuSrLwBHBQLIWmR6FKlUeaV8qqqzS3Sk734mTj4vXFOony9nB05YmFJ4N_H0apJZBfQTsEnMieICqzlrnfL7uvVcm7m67n5cqp_gIXX-kVE8Kb670gVO7i70YyGxi6wNdvt9k2ARBho1Xvnwp3WjATGmw3rCoBCVsYN-joF=w950-h672-no

rCjSmwkFOP21ZAA6KLGLk2VHe7hDe6YSfdx1rZ256hRwHAYQgvd_A1cuF_AmxUW8thSB5qsLWWKN4K_dMuqhzHmXzG56Tb-mMA_B6_5MFKy74VnolyzosaMLI2F_K6JSIu3tAg_x2Xvk-rbhvRfhs2WqVpTv0gC5pxdCCU8-6d5v-zCbCEyvWEaDJQEUsQ-hS4T3cd2BCYPBM29VNoLBnIdAstHjmn3e59kbV9NSRRrwtHTvLxiyKqY5B-OoGsZysdMB18PN6tdrb-Z9LzXkJb5W9O0Db9cgZub1EbHHXVUJuvEL9KQ0MSDpNJ6Lx1QK3X6vUrQ05aGFvu0-k5xUQl1G65LSrsYpr86-0192F6e_0i25Ev-UdqcTy1L_fqbLD_AvEphIe8yKVwFYtO5w2fklUANU6R7ul1Pv6eigCl0LLdpKaU3s7a4RiXZ7QV0h25G0h1vGs4ceTzdZas15cvQ2dMK3KygZfdfbanzAWwBCpXifRBHxE5cOiYs6a1AoUNgN1MoZGW2d3YAdqcQCXPIw1_voFa_mxmrAzYzak7FWePfwee5PKNdaC3QFcWfXxzekUdT4cMenjEH_AoWc9N-4o_hs_Kof7XHt8ttyx1USQdkB-pN0OgCW4H7J2KMvIpFShtM-SD8oNLNywFJWDAPjXnkbbcExD-iUBADVyGhjZ-XqvIehkKXGofRodm3A5L2AsZIyccAXcv6cswaZH0CO=w1012-h672-no
This, I would wear.

Maitiu

New in Town
Is Shinki that much more expensive to get that Himel has to command those prices? Sheesh that's some steep prices.

Rich22

Practically Family
Is Shinki that much more expensive to get that Himel has to command those prices? Sheesh that's some steep prices.
Skinki produce a lot of different types of leather, some I think are far more desirable than others. Also, the percentage of each skin that is used also impacts the price- if one maker is determined to use every inch and another discards 60% and only uses the choice cuts, there's going to be a substantial cost difference.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
We've been through the same thing with unlined jackets, which proved to be less troublesome than denim jackets, followed by leather pants that already had a ridiculous reputation of fusing with wearers skin, thanks to the episode of Friends,
My ex wife was seriously hooked on that show so I have seen most of the episodes (and many of them more than once…). The episode where Ross gets the leather pants stuck round his ankles is seriously funny and I have to admit it did color my thoughts when it comes to the practicality of leather pants.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
if there must be in that design for whatever function, I rather have the zipper goes from neck toward the armpit, so then at least I can free my right arm off the sleeve first to help with removing the pullover

Edward

Bartender

View attachment 366078

View attachment 366079

I suspect this is a design that is always going to have to be worn a little bigger than a regular leather jacket, given that the zip really only allows room to pull the head through. A jacket you can fully unzip to get out of can be neater as you 'create' to room to remove it by opening the zip fully rather than having to have room in it to wriggle out, if you follow me.

The one with the zip the whole way down looks very cool. Easier to get on and off I would expect - though the position of the zip would certainly limit its practicality to occasions on which you're going to wear it closed or take it off.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
@navetsea @Edward This Himel shirt jacket is not very functional. But it's an inspiring masterpiece. With all the shortcomings like the fit, price and wear-ability, I still really appreciate this jacket for what it is. It's an attempt to create the next original thing.
Still too overpriced for me. But I always check out his stuff to see what he comes out with next.
Image1.jpg

Rich22

Practically Family
@navetsea @Edward This Himel shirt jacket is not very functional. But it's an inspiring masterpiece. With all the shortcomings like the fit, price and wear-ability, I still really appreciate this jacket for what it is. It's an attempt to create the next original thing.
Still too overpriced for me. But I always check out his stuff to see what he comes out with next.
View attachment 366484
Maybe I'm too conservative in my clothing, but to me, that's another Himel atrocity. There's good and there's bad in this world, and then there's Kanye West clothing level atrocious, and Himel occasionally enters that elite sphere. :confused:

Don't get me wrong, he makes some lovely stuff that I admire, but WOW... :eek:

Edward

Bartender
Maybe I'm too conservative in my clothing, but to me, that's another Himel atrocity. There's good and there's bad in this world, and then there's Kanye West clothing level atrocious, and Himel occasionally enters that elite sphere. :confused:

Don't get me wrong, he makes some lovely stuff that I admire, but WOW... :eek:

It's not one I'd wear, though I appreciate the skill in it. The camouflaging on leather is a clever detail, though the additional 'souvenir jacket' devil motifs and such are a bit more overkill for me. I think we'll start to see more of this sort of era stuff come round in general now, though, if the 'Nam era begins to take over from WW2 as a period of interest for jacket guys.

Rich22

Practically Family
It's not one I'd wear, though I appreciate the skill in it. The camouflaging on leather is a clever detail, though the additional 'souvenir jacket' devil motifs and such are a bit more overkill for me. I think we'll start to see more of this sort of era stuff come round in general now, though, if the 'Nam era begins to take over from WW2 as a period of interest for jacket guys.
Let's hope not!

Speaking of, ahem, "unique tastes", check this thing out which Sefridges chose to email me to advertise today... it's brilliant in a terrible way:
ABAB985D-96D4-4C52-8017-49B4A269ADC3.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran