Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who has an Aero Dustbowl??

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I certainly think it has a lot of potential. I liked it from the start and (even though I can’t be sure because I don’t have a pristine sample to compare with) it feels like it is already starting to darken somewhat.

It’s only my second CXL HH jacket, so I don’t have much to compare with, but it feels similar to brown CXL in terms of weight and stiffness.

Fit pics (not color accurate):

c9b469ffce36c38de8f485c76f85f473.jpg

964a6a0bd004d86fb5fe8167ec35a356.jpg

d5fd21c06d60d0926422a09fd2a5026b.jpg

Somewhat color accurate:
2711bc5d2cdd81437336efe987b93ce9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a beautiful jacket. Some time ago I tried on a stock dustbowl in my size but it just didn't fit right. From the front it looked perfect but from the back, not so much. See those bulges on the shoulders?
351893C6-4282-4C21-9A5E-F106FE45F60A.jpeg

EEFC5129-D193-476B-AA5E-EF93CD7B6B25.jpeg

I don't think a smaller shoulder width on this jacket would solve this. Does anyone know what couses these bulges?

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
That's a beautiful jacket. Some time ago I tried on a stock dustbowl in my size but it just didn't fit right. From the front it looked perfect but from the back, not so much. See those bulges on the shoulders? View attachment 239999
View attachment 240000
I don't think a smaller shoulder width on this jacket would solve this. Does anyone know what couses these bulges?

Thanks! Those bulges look really weird. In the picture it almost looks like it was damaged from being hanged on the neck. Never seen that on an Aero jacket before.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
That's a beautiful jacket. Some time ago I tried on a stock dustbowl in my size but it just didn't fit right. From the front it looked perfect but from the back, not so much. See those bulges on the shoulders?

That's odd. Did you try on any other 30s models while you were at that shop? Looks like this particular jacket might have a larger collar opening towards the back. Or hung at the neck as Torf suggested.
I'm pretty sure that's not a regular feature of this model, though. However, the Dustbowl is one of the few models I never handled. I always thought it's the same basic pattern as the (non-premier) 30s HB models.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Or the machinist made some sort of mistake when they attached the collar? Shouldn’t have passed QC in that case. Were the bulges there even when you were not wearing it?

Mandarin

Practically Family
It's not normal at all. Probably a stitching mishap. This particular pattern must be difficult to assemble.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Thanks! Those bulges look really weird. In the picture it almost looks like it was damaged from being hanged on the neck. Never seen that on an Aero jacket before.

Seems like they were hung correctly. Not on those special aero hangers, but looks ok
763BA341-7547-4431-8B44-220F347C75EA.jpeg

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
That's odd. Did you try on any other 30s models while you were at that shop? Looks like this particular jacket might have a larger collar opening towards the back. Or hung at the neck as Torf suggested.
I'm pretty sure that's not a regular feature of this model, though. However, the Dustbowl is one of the few models I never handled. I always thought it's the same basic pattern as the (non-premier) 30s HB models.
I've tried another one, one size smaller but that one was way too small. Tried on a 42 cafe racer which was a perfect fit, but that's a different pattern I guess.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Or the machinist made some sort of mistake when they attached the collar? Shouldn’t have passed QC in that case. Were the bulges there even when you were not wearing it?
I can't recall. It was back in November when I was looking to buy my first 'nice' leather jacket. Back then I didn't really know what to look for or how such a jacket should fit.

Harris HTM

One Too Many
That's a beautiful jacket. Some time ago I tried on a stock dustbowl in my size but it just didn't fit right. From the front it looked perfect but from the back, not so much. See those bulges on the shoulders? View attachment 239999
View attachment 240000
May I ask which shop is that?

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
May I ask which shop is that?
That's Classic Kontor in Erkelenz Germany. Very friendly and helpful guy who owns the shop. I guess you were wondering whether there's an aero stockist in the Netherlands. I don't believe there is.

Since then I went to Kentauris in Cologne, Tbird in Paris, Stuff and The Heritage Post general store in Düsseldorf and Dreist in Aachen. I've tried on several Aero, Eastman, Black Sign, Addict Clothes and Thedi jackets. Eventually I ordered a custom jacket from Thedi. It was quite the journey

Last edited:

Harris HTM

One Too Many
That's Classic Kontor in Erkelenz Germany. Very friendly and helpful guy who owns the shop. I guess you were wondering whether there's an aero stockist in the Netherlands. I don't believe there is.

Since then I went to Kentauris in Cologne, Tbird in Paris, Stuff and The Heritage Post general store in Düsseldorf and Dreist in Aachen. I've tried on several Aero, Eastman, Black Sign, Addict Clothes and Thedi jackets. Eventually I ordered a custom jacket from Thedi. It was quite the journey
Yep, I know, I remember when I visited the factory in Galashiels Denny telling me they don't have many customers in the NL, I got all my Aero's ordered directly from them.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Yep, I know, I remember when I visited the factory in Galashiels Denny telling me they don't have many customers in the NL, I got all my Aero's ordered directly from them.
Why is that? I guess Dutch men don't care for nice leather jackets?

nick123

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 240000

That's an amazing jacket, and fit, otherwise.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
File it under oddity, Marc, that jacket fit. It's not part of the regular pattern for sure.
Looking at the pic again I think it looks like the jacket is fitted with a larger collar opening than what this size would normally take, without accounting for the upper back. In any case I don't think we'll ever the see that again.

Good thinking checking out all these stores, it's the best way to get to know so many jackets so quickly. I've been wanting to visit the shops in the Dusseldorf/Köln area for some time.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
File it under oddity, Marc, that jacket fit. It's not part of the regular pattern for sure.
Looking at the pic again I think it looks like the jacket is fitted with a larger collar opening than what this size would normally take, without accounting for the upper back. In any case I don't think we'll ever the see that again.

Good thinking checking out all these stores, it's the best way to get to know so many jackets so quickly. I've been wanting to visit the shops in the Dusseldorf/Köln area for some time.
The heritage post general store had a number of really nice Japanese made jackets on stock. I really liked this black sign roughout suede cossack, unfortunately the the armholes were too tight.
95F3AEC8-4F37-4DEA-B4AF-CCB6D22AF93D.jpeg

2D6D4DE0-EABF-4C96-AC35-C26E3AD8773D.jpeg

https://theheritagepoststore.com/neues-von-black-sign/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112