Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who here is a millionaire?

Flaunting your money was tacky and in bad taste. It was taken for granted that anyone who drove a Cadillac and generally acted rich, was too slick, a gouger who made too much profit, a show boat who was putting up a front or possibly all 3 - in any case a person of no substance who was not to be trusted. No one would be so foolish as to do business with such a person.

:p

BigMoney-1.jpg

I am like Arthur Bach in that Mr.Bach ones claimed that he wished he had a dime for every dime he has... Go figure.

Its not what your worth, its what you could borrow. " Walt Disney said I owe $7 Billion out so I must have lots of money.

AS for me Countryclubjoe, "I'm so broke I can't PAY ATTENTION.

Best regards
CCJ

loosebolts

Familiar Face
not one, hope to be but i woulds still have a rusty pick up, a floppy eared dog and a small cottage not matter the dollar amount.
the two millionaires i know are not gaudy but more like mellow people that lack any sense of panic or emergency. i think they like the security. the other one i know you would hand him 5 bucks if you saw him. may be that how he got there.

Hi Folks

A little tale of a Millionaire from my neiborhood. When I was a young lad raised in a lower middle class working neiborhood, Circa date 1964, there was an older fellow ( my granddads age) that everday would get in his old beat up station wagon and go around the town picking thru thrash and newspapers bottles etc, The ultimate junk man.. Turns out when this fellow passed, he willed over $1.2 million to the church and owned most of the ground that myself and all my friends played on everyday. It was also rumored that he had over $200k in cash scattered thruout his unkeeped, falling down house. Moral of the story, one never knows what another is worth. However I believe money was created to use for the finer things in life and should be enjoyed to a certain degree. One should not inspire to be the Richest person in the graveyard.
A good read is " The Millionaire Next Door"
Best regards
CCJ

Hi Folks

A little tale of a Millionaire from my neiborhood. When I was a young lad raised in a lower middle class working neiborhood, Circa date 1964, there was an older fellow ( my granddads age) that everday would get in his old beat up station wagon and go around the town picking thru thrash and newspapers bottles etc, The ultimate junk man.. Turns out when this fellow passed, he willed over $1.2 million to the church and owned most of the ground that myself and all my friends played on everyday. It was also rumored that he had over $200k in cash scattered thruout his unkeeped, falling down house. Moral of the story, one never knows what another is worth. However I believe money was created to use for the finer things in life and should be enjoyed to a certain degree. One should not inspire to be the Richest person in the graveyard.
A good read is " The Millionaire Next Door"
Best regards
CCJ

Like a Millionaire once told me. Money isn't everything but it sure helps a Hell of a lot. :p

Didn't Jackie Gleason also say: "I have been rich and I have been poor. Rich is definitely better. ":p

Like a Millionaire once told me. Money isn't everything but it sure helps a Hell of a lot. :p

Didn't Jackie Gleason also say: "I have been rich and I have been poor. Rich is definitely better. ":p

Hi
I think Jackie Gleason said, A man should have two fortunes, One to spend on woman and booze and one to spend foolishly. LOL

Best regards
CCJ

My Dad use to say, " Money Is The Root of All Evil, so give me all that EVIL"

This is a little off topic, but Jackie Gleason in my opinion was a great actor/perfomer. I have fond memories of watching Joe The Bartender, and the Honeymooners with my Dad, and who could forget him as Minnesota Fats in The Hustler with Paul Newman.

Thanks folks for letting me share.

Best regards
CCJ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko