Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who makes the best repro WWII US Army Officer 4-Pocket Tunic?

Boyington

New in Town
Hi folks, I'm dedicated to WWII USAAF Officer reenactment and have been looking for the repro officer 4-pocket Dress Tunic OD for half year, finally I found warhorse trading and look forward to the purchase from them (the pattern of What Price Glory seems maybe not so authentic and if I purchse from WPG, i must pay much customs duty).
So, did anybody here purchase anything from Warhorse Trading, UK? It seems that their website hasn't been updated since 2001 and I wrote to them couple times, but I received the reply only once and still don't know the details of their repro tunic, acceptable payment methods.....

Many thanks!

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I've seen the WPG tunics in person (both enlisted and officer). They are okay, not the best quality. The cut is a little odd, but I think they are a good option for guys who perhaps cannot find their size, or do not wish to wear an original item. I think you can purchase one and improve upon it by replacing the buttons (which are very cheesy) with originals, and small things like that.

As far as Warhorse goes, I have never ordered from them. From another women's forum I am on, I have heard many negative things about the length of time it takes to receive items, and lack of communication. I am not sure about the quality of the pieces.

At the Front now makes ike jackets and 4 pockets. They are a poly-wool blend, but regardless, I've heard good reviews of them over on the ww2 reenactors forum.

Boyington

New in Town
Thanks for the reply, fortworthgal

:) The Lapel of the WPG's US Officer Tunic in the picture is also a little bit different with the original, i think.

WWII Impressions actually also makes the Officer Dress Tunic, but the color in the pictures seems like the "serge green" of the Garrison Cap in vietnam war era, but not Chocolate OD, strange!

It's so pity, that Gary Eastman doesn't have any plan to reproduce this WWII US Officer Dress Uniform, otherwise I'd like to buy such things from him.

If I still can't find good repro, ummm, maybe i gotta purchase the original one, hope i can wear it in the not to distant future.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I didn't know WWII Impressions was making them. I'm very pleased with everything I have purchased from him, the quality is very nice. I do have one of his OD officer's skirts and it is extremely well made, very nice fabric. I would assume the officer's tunics are the same fabric.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats