Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who makes the best Trench Coat?

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Care to post a review, complete with photos, as did the member who posted the negative review?

Unfortunately my trench is packed away as it is summer here in Oz, and if I remember correctly (I did see the unfavourable review before making my purchase), it was a VERY VERY detailed negative review with lots of pictures and I simply don't have the time to put in that sort of effort right now.

I'm assuming it is this one?
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...-Rick-s-coat!)&p=827431&viewfull=1#post827431

I can simply say, I didn't see any of the issues with poor workmanship detailed in the above thread. I was quite specific in my email correspondence and like the above reviewer also ordered 2 storm flaps and specifically asked for the pockets shown in their website picture to avoid the issue he had with the pockets with no flap.

Essentially I received all the positive points from his purchase regarding style and none of his negative experiences, mine even came with a burberry hanger and if memory serves me correctly, I think burberry a branded pouch with spare buttons which all lends credence to the fact this factory used to make burberry trenches. I am very happy as I really wanted a burberry trench but didn't want to spend the ridiculous amounts they charge in Australia....I worked it out at the time that I essentially got a burberry at an 87% discount....yes they really do charge $2800 for one here!

The only other difference was I ordered the black one so his comments on button colour don't apply either.

jnghn

New in Town
Thank you for sharing the information. May I ask you how long had you waited to receive your coat? I ordered one two days ago, and I just want to get an estimated delivery time. They already sent me an invoice, but I don't know if they would inform me after dispatching the item. Since I live in the USA, maybe your experience in Australia would be useful for me.

Unfortunately my trench is packed away as it is summer here in Oz, and if I remember correctly (I did see the unfavourable review before making my purchase), it was a VERY VERY detailed negative review with lots of pictures and I simply don't have the time to put in that sort of effort right now.

I'm assuming it is this one?
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...-Rick-s-coat!)&p=827431&viewfull=1#post827431

I can simply say, I didn't see any of the issues with poor workmanship detailed in the above thread. I was quite specific in my email correspondence and like the above reviewer also ordered 2 storm flaps and specifically asked for the pockets shown in their website picture to avoid the issue he had with the pockets with no flap.

Essentially I received all the positive points from his purchase regarding style and none of his negative experiences, mine even came with a burberry hanger and if memory serves me correctly, I think burberry a branded pouch with spare buttons which all lends credence to the fact this factory used to make burberry trenches. I am very happy as I really wanted a burberry trench but didn't want to spend the ridiculous amounts they charge in Australia....I worked it out at the time that I essentially got a burberry at an 87% discount....yes they really do charge $2800 for one here!

The only other difference was I ordered the black one so his comments on button colour don't apply either.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just checked my email history and I ordered it on the 23rd April and it arrived at my door on the 24th May so just on 4 weeks including delivery.

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
It all comes down to a matter of taste, but I think what you chose is very very nice. I didn't look at prices but I take it that they are expensive. I'm glad you went for the best. You deserve it. That's my philosophy anyway. Assuming I can afford it, why should Brad Pitt have a nicer motorcycle helmet than me? The bitterness of low quality remains long after the sweetness of low price has faded (and you only live once).

Last edited:

BigHairyFinn

One of the Regulars
I suppose Burberry, but I just can't figure out their sizing. It seems like euro numbers but even then its "all wrong" [huh].
I think "Mad Men" caused a bit of a renaissance on "London Fog", but as far as raincoats go the polyester one I got is my most used coat even I get quipped its a "flasher mac". Old 70's US-made, I'd say "utilitarian" and I am not a great friend of polyester.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner