Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who would buy THAT?! - The crazy hats on eBay thread

Originally posted by SHARPETOYS
Now you can blow up Dave's picture and you'll see he is not being truthful with us. So so sad!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :confused:

If he wants to look like old Buster that is fine with me. I mean I would not want to look like him but that is just my preference. There is no hat that looks good with that face. LOL
How does the comercial go: "It looks goooood on you.":D

Regards to all,

J

Originally posted by Andykev
I have posted months ago on eBay purchases of hats. Never assume ANYTHING. Sizes are wrong, homburgs and open crown hats are called derbys, wool hats are called beaver....the list is endless. Many sellers find these hats in garage, estates, or the attic. They just don't know. ASK. Moth bites? I've had sellers say "minor holes, can be repaired". Well, you can't.

Caviat Emptor

I missed your original post (probably before my time as a Lounger :D ) but all of the things you mention should be taken into consideration when you buy a hat from eBay.
Minor holes can be repaired?! I never hear that one. LOL

Regards to all,

J

Originally posted by Canadave
It's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8111149392

Note the new line, "It is a size L (approx. 7 1/2"). It has a inner circumference of approximately 21"."

Go for it JP...you know you waaaaant it!

:D

David

Dear David,

Yeah I saw it yesterday but I promised to keep mum about the barf bucket fedora. LOL I also see they listed it with the correct measurements but not the correct hat size. You gotta love them. :eek:
There are a lot of things I want but since I am married I leave them alone. ;) This hat might cause more marital strife than that too. LOL I need that like a hole in my (smaller than yours) melon. LOL

Regards to all,

J

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Back when the Lounge was small we had an entire thread in Hats exactly like this. The main thread was deleted years ago, but there are still several smaller ones in the archives from 2003-2006 if you do a search. It was often hilarious, and we're going to let this one serve the same purpose! I've edited the title to reflect that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana