Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who's going to pick up this Thurston Bros/Aero?

Cheech

A-List Customer
Ever since @Feliksas posted this custom Aero beauty a few years ago, I've been obsessed. I already had a custom Johnson cross-zip in the works at the time, so I've only held onto this design in the back of my mind. That the Johnson doesn't fit me as I wish has only deepened the obsession.

jacket-front-small-jpg.171343

jacket-back-small-jpg.171344

Lo and behold, I just saw this beauty posted in the Thurston Bros. thread. Beyond the difference in color scheme, there are a few small deviations from @Feliksas' design: the addition of the small studs around the pockets, the ticket pocket is reduced on this new jacket, and the absence of an action back.

aero-j106-black-cxl-fqhh-rf1-front-jpg.365768

aero-j106-black-cxl-fqhh-rf1-back-jpg.365770

I've got to know, who of you commissioned this?? Whoever it is, you pushed me one step closer to selling my Johnson and getting this design.

That's a J-206 x King of the Road combo. By the look of the black jacket, I think it may just be a KotR with an added chest pocket. Looks boxy that way.

Something I just realized - I was always amazed how well Felixas jacket looked. I think I even commented something to that extent in the original thread. It's a perfectly executed jacket for sure, but it's not just that. There's something about it... I don't know how to explain, every detail is perfectly balanced and while I know that these are made from a pattern, once you've see as many jackets as we have, you can't help but notice some that are a bit inferior than the other - case in point, the black jacket lacking the finesse of the brown one. The action back on the black jacket is off. Too far apart. I don't know, but I can see it's flawlessly done on the brown jacket. Same with the D-pocket.

But anyway, seeing the makers tag in the other thread immediately cleared everything up for me. . .

165579-a214a6be5f428f74b471b2dd944c3d8c.jpg

Cheech

A-List Customer
Yep, I can see why you mean, @Monitor. Go figure @Imuricecreamman made the original—it’s flawless in execution. I prefer the original action back and shape, but I’m glad someone sought to pull this off in black and brass, as that’s what I had been considering.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk