Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who's your favorite fatal femme?

Hawkcigar

One of the Regulars
Ah, the deadly female...so easy to love

The first two that came to my mind were:
Doris Dowling in The Blue Dahlia
Ida Lupino in They Drive By Night

Then I thought of what Hadley said...
Lizabeth Scott...that voice could make you do almost anything.
Marilyn Monroe in Niagra

Mahagonny Bill

Practically Family
Jan Sterling in Appointment with Danger. Not because she's bad and not because she's good, but because she's lazy. She always takes the easy way out, no matter who gets hurt in the process.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Ruth Snyder.

When you say "fatal femme" you really mean FATAL, don't you, Miss Maine?

I'd go for Bebe Daniels in that string of homewrecker roles that she played for De Mille, with Gloria Swanson as the put-upon party. My favorite being, of course "Satan Synne, the wickedest woman in New York". Or perhaps not.

Dennis Young

A-List Customer
I don’t know about knock em dead style, or glamour. But the scariest one for me was Louise Fletcher as Nurse Ratchet in One Flew over the Cookoo’s nest.

Attachments

• th.jpg
    th.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 128

Dennis Young

A-List Customer
And what era would that be? The 1[SUP]st[/SUP] post didn’t specify.
Actually she was talking about fictional females. So the post above about Mrs Robinson would be accurate. J
But as for film stars, my favorites of the type would have to be Hedy Lamar. I liked Claire Trevor in Murder My Sweet. Martha Vickers was a favorite in the Big Sleep. And Brigette Helm in a dual role in Fritz Lang’s wonderful Metropolis.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran