Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why does this forum close some many threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
While at times certain people may feel the bartenders are overly zealous, it isn't such a big deal. So a thread is closed. find another. I will take that over a forum where people are allowed to get into big tirades and negative energy.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
We reserve the right to moderate, and even close threads when they're getting heated, or not really fit for a forum where folk get together to talk about vintage clothing and the golden era. We feel judicious moderation has helped to make the joint more civil, and welcoming to the more than ten thousand members we have entertained in the last five years.

The thread you're likely referring to was closed because it was going political, and isn't really fit for the tone of the Lounge. There are countless political and news forums where such things can be debated. The original intent of the author was curiosity as to whether the kid who was killed was a member of the Lounge. To the best of our knowledge, he was not. That's really all the relevance it has to the Lounge, and therefore doesn't merit more rancor here.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that part of it has to do with file capacity. There has been an attempt to minimize threads that wander off on topics not really germane to vintage interest, as defined (fairly broadly) by the rules of the Lounge, so as to cut down on overflowing disk drives.
The other, possibly more important, reason, is to eliminate the flame wars and nasty trash talk that seems to characterize so many other forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt